Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Please commit with log messages....
Please commit with log messages.... [message #23943] Wed, 09 December 2009 09:35 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Hi,

I would like to as all contributors not to forget about commit messages.

Preferable format is something that will reference the package(s) affected and change(s) made, e.g.:

"bazaar-Controls4U: Fixed Meter widget"

Mirek
Re: Please commit with log messages.... [message #23947 is a reply to message #23943] Wed, 09 December 2009 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
luzr wrote on Wed, 09 December 2009 09:35

Hi,

I would like to as all contributors not to forget about commit messages.

Preferable format is something that will reference the package(s) affected and change(s) made, e.g.:

"bazaar-Controls4U: Fixed Meter widget"

Mirek

Sorry Mirek

It was my fault.

When submitting new packages I had a terrible mistake in some step and I mixed packages in my computer with other packages in svn Crying or Very Sad . I almost loose part of the job...

I "brute force" fixed the problems in svn server and as the nightmare in my .svn local files remained, finally I copied the bazaar downloaded files to my working copy, so the actual .svn files work well.

I reinstalled again TortoiseSvn (the solution for dummies)

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Please commit with log messages.... [message #24571 is a reply to message #23947] Sun, 24 January 2010 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
sergeynikitin! Smile
Re: Please commit with log messages.... [message #24574 is a reply to message #24571] Mon, 25 January 2010 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

I have something wrong done?

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: Please commit with log messages.... [message #24575 is a reply to message #24574] Mon, 25 January 2010 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
sergeynikitin wrote on Mon, 25 January 2010 02:00

I have something wrong done?

You didn't attached a commit log to your commits when you've committed to bazaar.
Re: Please commit with log messages.... [message #24577 is a reply to message #24575] Mon, 25 January 2010 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I use RapidSVN and there as it is automatically a message, I thought that this is quite enough.
Once again sorry, and could you explain how a serious accident because of me happened?

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2010 02:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Please commit with log messages.... [message #24580 is a reply to message #24577] Mon, 25 January 2010 09:08 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
sergeynikitin wrote on Sun, 24 January 2010 20:38

I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I use RapidSVN and there as it is automatically a message, I thought that this is quite enough.
Once again sorry, and could you explain how a serious accident because of me happened?

Not very serious.

Actually, the main purpose of log messages is to have a quick summary of new features for release.

But it is always good to know what is going on... Logs provide quite a quick review, see:

http://code.google.com/p/upp-mirror/source/list
Previous Topic: Not show baloon message in TrayIcon!
Next Topic: RapidSVN vs Ultimate SVN fuctionality
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:26:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04046 seconds