FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Windows 7 look&feel consistency
Windows 7 look&feel consistency [message #25542] Sun, 28 February 2010 23:14 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
It is funny, as I am now working on improving some small chameleon glitches, I have noticed that M$ does not follow own rules quite often.

Staring example are scrollbars in Internet Explorer - they look about the same, but do not follow Windows Explorer Scrollbars highlighting... Actually, scrollbar buttons are not highlighted at all.

Well, at this point, I would say any arguments about Chameleon not following Win7 exactly are somewhat moot... Smile If Internet Explorer is considered good enough, we are too (minus these small glitches I am fixing now..)

Mirek
Re: Windows 7 look&feel consistency [message #25545 is a reply to message #25542] Mon, 01 March 2010 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

End user knows nothing about M$ guidelines, he works with applications. And he used to look at cool scrollbars, etc. in M$ IE on Win7. So I see no point in making U++ GUI uglier than M$ apps. Of course, different themes compatibility should be considered here.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 March 2010 09:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Windows 7 look&feel consistency [message #25546 is a reply to message #25545] Mon, 01 March 2010 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

By the way, it would be good to improve KDE4 compatibility to support Oxygen theme too. Smile
Re: Windows 7 look&feel consistency [message #25556 is a reply to message #25546] Mon, 01 March 2010 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 09:29

By the way, it would be good to improve KDE4 compatibility to support Oxygen theme too. Smile

Hey, that's(part of) my graduation thesis theme, so please give me some time to finish it Smile

Andrei
Re: Windows 7 look&feel consistency [message #25557 is a reply to message #25556] Mon, 01 March 2010 11:58 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
andrei_natanael wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 05:27

Mindtraveller wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 09:29

Hey, that's(part of) my graduation thesis theme, so please give me some time to finish it Smile

Andrei

Note that it is still quite possible that using gtk theming better adopted to gtk-qt engine (which is standard) might be cheaper path to achieve the result...
Previous Topic: Windows 7 Bug
Next Topic: Windows 7 - long wait after app crash
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:38:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01371 seconds