Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » How to make Label/StaticText label word wrapped?
How to make Label/StaticText label word wrapped? [message #25540] Sun, 28 February 2010 23:07 Go to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Used forum search but failed to find the answer. Using QTF didn't help because it requires placing line-breaks (&) explicitly. But I need label to be word-wrapped automatically depending ot it's size.
Who succeeded in adding word wrap to Label text, please help.
Re: How to make Label/StaticText label word wrapped? [message #25552 is a reply to message #25540] Mon, 01 March 2010 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Actually, I have just checked - it looks like Qtf works quite fine, just not in Layout designer...

Mirek
Re: How to make Label/StaticText label word wrapped? [message #25564 is a reply to message #25552] Mon, 01 March 2010 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

Correct me, but I think if the text in StaticText start with \1, then it starts to work like QTF

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: How to make Label/StaticText label word wrapped? [message #25568 is a reply to message #25564] Mon, 01 March 2010 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Sergey, you're right, of course.

Mirek, it looks like QTF text label is really word-wrapped. But I couldn't find a way to make it vertically aligned like ordinary text (top vertical alignment). QTF label is placed in the vertical middle of control, but that is not what I wanted. Is there a way to make it top-aligned like ardinary text?
Re: How to make Label/StaticText label word wrapped? [message #25573 is a reply to message #25568] Mon, 01 March 2010 15:07 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
SetVAlign(ALIGN_TOP);

But I guess we are due to some layout editor (to fix QTF displaying) and .usc update...Smile
Previous Topic: How to display html-files
Next Topic: Bluetooth support?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:00:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02811 seconds