Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Exported makefiles don't treat WIN32 flag correctly
Exported makefiles don't treat WIN32 flag correctly [message #26085] Wed, 31 March 2010 00:26 Go to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hello!

I just found, that if you export Makefile for ide, it contains commands that lead to compiling with plugin/z, which is specified as WIN32 only. It also links with -lz, which is !WIN32, so in the end, there is the same code, linked twice, once statically and one shared.

Not sure which version is used at runtime, but it doesn't cause any problems as far as I know. Just some unnecessary code is linked... I found this totally random, when inspecting why lintian reports statically linked zlib, while I knew it should be linked as shared.

The same problem might occur for other flags or in other situations, leading to more serious consequences... So I think this is more bug than a feature, is that right? Smile

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Exported makefiles don't treat WIN32 flag correctly [message #28499 is a reply to message #26085] Fri, 03 September 2010 21:14 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Fixed. The problem was that the export disregarded the "When" conditions and exported all packages.

Honza
Previous Topic: theide does not show content of external headers
Next Topic: Upp::Sort(begin, end, less) does not compile under MSC8 when less is a plain C function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:26:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 2.03619 seconds