Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » GUI tutorial now extended to section 13
GUI tutorial now extended to section 13 [message #2718] Sun, 23 April 2006 09:14 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
(perhaps hojtsy should upload that to www someday Wink
Re: GUI tutorial now extended to section 13 [message #2719 is a reply to message #2718] Sun, 23 April 2006 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Sun, 23 April 2006 19:14

Cool, you're extending it. I hope you're going to add Luigi's tutorial. It would also be helpful if there was a quick link to all the tutorial stuff from a help menu in theIDE.

Is it still planned to make the help searchable or indexed and for "find" to work in a topic++ page?

Graeme
Re: GUI tutorial now extended to section 13 [message #2720 is a reply to message #2719] Sun, 23 April 2006 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
gprentice wrote on Sun, 23 April 2006 04:26

luzr wrote on Sun, 23 April 2006 19:14

Cool, you're extending it. I hope you're going to add Luigi's tutorial. It would also be helpful if there was a quick link to all the tutorial stuff from a help menu in theIDE.

Is it still planned to make the help searchable or indexed and for "find" to work in a topic++ page?

Graeme

Sure, it is.

I am sorry, U++ development recently might seem to be slowed down, however it is caused by huge refactoring of those Images - it takes a lot of time to get it right. I hope that it will be finished by the end of month, I hope there will be more visible changes later.

BTW, as a nice sideeffect of new Image, "core" GUI application size will be reduced by 200-400KB...

Mirek
Re: GUI tutorial now extended to section 13 [message #2722 is a reply to message #2720] Sun, 23 April 2006 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Mirek, don't worry about the lack of "visible" changes in Ultimate. The new Image is a huge leap forward! At last I can play with semi-transparency!
Re: GUI tutorial now extended to section 13 [message #2724 is a reply to message #2720] Sun, 23 April 2006 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Sun, 23 April 2006 21:05

I am sorry, U++ development recently might seem to be slowed down, however it is caused by huge refactoring of those Images - it takes a lot of time to get it right. I hope that it will be finished by the end of month, I hope there will be more visible changes later.

BTW, as a nice sideeffect of new Image, "core" GUI application size will be reduced by 200-400KB...

Mirek

There's no rush as far as I'm concerned. I just thought it worth expressing my opinion that the lack of organized help is a deterrent for quite a few people - just my opinion though. It seems I was the only one who got hung up on what "set main package" meant!

I notice you didn't include the code I posted for CopyWord and SwapChars. Do you accept enhancements to the source code at all? Suppose I wrote code to allow Esc macros to do copy/paste or have global variables - would it be accepted?

Graeme

Re: GUI tutorial now extended to section 13 [message #2731 is a reply to message #2724] Sun, 23 April 2006 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
gprentice wrote on Sun, 23 April 2006 06:50

I notice you didn't include the code I posted for CopyWord and SwapChars. Do you accept enhancements to the source code at all? Suppose I wrote code to allow Esc macros to do copy/paste or have global variables - would it be accepted?

Consider me guilty - I noticed that you have posted some request, however, as I have not felt to consider it / react at the moment, I deferred...

OK, going to do it now...

Mirek
Re: GUI tutorial now extended to section 13 [message #2747 is a reply to message #2718] Mon, 24 April 2006 09:54 Go to previous message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Sun, 23 April 2006 03:14

OK, I try to do it today. I only noticed this topic by accident: in the future a private message could make it sure that I do not miss topics concerning me doing something Smile
Previous Topic: MaxChars at place of MaxLen in Designer
Next Topic: Two new plugin/zlib wrappers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:01:37 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.16626 seconds