Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » More feature suggestions
More feature suggestions [message #2749] Mon, 24 April 2006 11:11
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member

Some more feature suggestions

1. Right click menu in lower left hand pane (package filenames) could have "open from here" - which would bring up the file open dialog at the directory containing that file. I decided this would be useful when trying to find the ship.usc macro file that belongs to the BRC reference package, coz it's not part of the project.

2. Same as 1 but "explore from here" - which would open windows explorer or equivalent at the directory containing this file.

3. Provide Esc "library" function GetPackageFiles and GetOpenFiles that would allow user to iterate through the specified files and e.g. display them in a list.

4. Allow end-user to create "toolbars" that can be docked in theIDE window so that e.g. the previous list of files can be displayed, along with Esc system functions such as EditFile("filename"). (Maybe this could provided with a U++ base class/package that could be used by any U++ APP - I haven't put any thought into this yet ...).

5. Record keystrokes that can be saved, played back, and bound to a key.

6. Regular expressions in searches - I guess this is already on the list.

7. When opening a new main package, restore the list of "open files" (file tabs) according to the files that were open the last time this package was the "main package" and have configuration option to close currently open files when switching main package.

At least number 1 should be easy anyway Smile

Graeme

[Updated on: Mon, 24 April 2006 11:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Option Horizontal scrollbar in TheIDE editor - "allways" [FEATURE REQUEST]
Next Topic: Is there any clever ways to put cflags and libs list within theide
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:02:25 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02340 seconds