Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Documentation » How can I set up UPPWEB on my computer?
Re: How can I set up UPPWEB on my computer? [message #28326 is a reply to message #26959] Fri, 27 August 2010 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Koldo, you're the man with every solution Smile

I just asked on another topic how to to that, and after, looking for HtmlEncoder, I found your post Smile

I guess I'll give a try to your package, seems great !

Ciao

Max
Re: How can I set up UPPWEB on my computer? [message #28336 is a reply to message #28326] Sun, 29 August 2010 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
mdelfede wrote on Fri, 27 August 2010 19:10

Koldo, you're the man with every solution Smile

I just asked on another topic how to to that, and after, looking for HtmlEncoder, I found your post Smile

I guess I'll give a try to your package, seems great !

Ciao

Max

Hello Massimo

Excellent. Please give ideas.

Although it is not interesting for you, A thing I wanted to set is the order of the pages when transferring from .tpp to .pdf.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: How can I set up UPPWEB on my computer? [message #28341 is a reply to message #28336] Mon, 30 August 2010 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Well, I'm trying a different way, indeed.... I rewrote an help window (named HelpViewer) which allows a table of contents (TOC), which is loaded automatically from TOC$xx-xx.tpp files.
It's almost working, and it gives automatically an order to generated html pages, a nice index on help window and should allow generation of PDF with table of contents too.

By now the TOC is a bulletted list, with indenting depending of chapter-subchapter.... relationship; that one could be easily translated automatically to a treectrl parsing the corresponding QTF, if wished.

So, you create the help, add a TOC topic with ordered list of links inside and you can generate an ordered html series with toc, or a pdf with TOC too.... or just use my HelpViewer to show help with TOC on left side.

I've got just a problem converting bulletted lists to html... bullets and indents are not translated; see the attached file and corresponding html and css.... the css is right, the html not.

If you've got some idea on how to solve it would be great Smile

Ciao

Max

Edit : BTW, we should document somehow that damn'd EncodeHtml stuff, I got more than one day figuring out what parameters means....

[Updated on: Mon, 30 August 2010 01:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How can I set up UPPWEB on my computer? [message #28342 is a reply to message #28341] Mon, 30 August 2010 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Massimo

In the attachment you have included the html and tpp, but not the code Smile.

Quote:

Edit : BTW, we should document somehow that damn'd EncodeHtml stuff, I got more than one day figuring out what parameters means....
I do not understand it enough to document it Crying or Very Sad .

Anyway, as GatherTpp seems to be useful I will document it soon.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: How can I set up UPPWEB on my computer? [message #28344 is a reply to message #28342] Mon, 30 August 2010 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Yep, the attachment is just to show the bullets problems.
The code isn't quite ready by now... but if you like I could post it.
I've no time to work on it for a couple of weeks from now.

Well, I'm posting the html generation code now... still unfinished, but if you're interested at it it's maybe useful.
It miss the TOC handling and table generation part.... I guess I'll make some javascript code there, in order to have html easily integrated with already present website.

Don't take care of name, my app's name is TimberStruct, so I made the export app's name TimberHtml, but it'll be changed on bazaar release Smile

The app is (by now) made to export the APPLICATION help, not the source code docs, but adding that one is trivial.

Ciao

Max
Re: How can I set up UPPWEB on my computer? [message #28345 is a reply to message #28344] Mon, 30 August 2010 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Koldo,

here the (relly initial code) HelpViewer class.
It just shows an help window whith toc by side.
The code to use it :
HelpViewer helpViewer;

void ShowHelp(void)
{
	if(!helpViewer.IsOpen())
		helpViewer.Open((Ctrl *)NULL);
	else
		helpViewer.Activate();
	helpViewer.LoadTOC("topic://MyApp/app/TOC$it-it");
}

It's still missing some parts I want to add :

1) TOC-on-TreeCtrl, I need to parse the toc and put inside a treectrl. Not too difficult.
2) A search-in-help, that one needs indexing of help file, a TabCtrl on the left and some more code. Not too difficult either.
3) The toolbar...Smile

Ciao

Max
Re: How can I set up UPPWEB on my computer? [message #28353 is a reply to message #28345] Mon, 30 August 2010 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Massimo

HelpViewer is a draft of one of the next things I wanted to do related to UltimateBook/GatherTpp.
I like to see that different people require similar things Smile.

TimberHtnl seems after a quick view a simplified version of GatherTpp.

This is the structure I imagined:

index.php?t=getfile&id=2773&private=0

As we look for similar things, could we join our efforts?
  • Attachment: dib.PNG
    (Size: 12.48KB, Downloaded 610 times)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: How can I set up UPPWEB on my computer? [message #28354 is a reply to message #28353] Mon, 30 August 2010 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
koldo wrote on Mon, 30 August 2010 12:32

As we look for similar things, could we join our efforts?

Well, why not ? Smile

What I really need is a nice way to get PDF and HTML manuals for my app(s), and a better help system.
Better means "with TOC and search", thich is the only thing I miss from UPP ones.

Mines were just a quick-and-dirty solution for a quick problem.
If you download my app

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=5469& amp;start=0&

You'll see basic helpviewer at work, among others Smile

Last thing... I'm really, but *REALLY* against not commenting code. I spent about 2 days to understand what AsHtml() parameters do and 1 our coding, so the apps on which I partecipate *have to* be hardly commented Smile

Ciao

Max
Re: How can I set up UPPWEB on my computer? [message #28355 is a reply to message #28354] Mon, 30 August 2010 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Massimo

Excellent!

Quote:

What I really need is a nice way to get PDF and HTML manuals for my app(s), and a better help system.
Better means "with TOC and search", thich is the only thing I miss from UPP ones.

That is the goal of UltimateBook package, but for all U++ Smile. And of course I agree.

Quote:

Last thing... I'm really, but *REALLY* against not commenting code. I spent about 2 days to understand what AsHtml() parameters do and 1 our coding, so the apps on which I partecipate *have to* be hardly commented Smile

Well... Main GatherTpp and UltimateBook code has been borrowed (or stolen Wink) from UppWeb package. This package does a great job but, as Mirek recognized, is not the best example of U++ coding. I spent months and terrible effort Smile in understanding more or less how it works enough to do the changes (with dolik.rce) that all of you know in Web.

In summary, for me to change base code is out of my capabilities... but the rest of code has to be clean and simple, and some comments do not hurt Smile.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: How can I set up UPPWEB on my computer? [message #28356 is a reply to message #28355] Mon, 30 August 2010 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Massimo

I have tried a little bit your program.

One advantage we can include (I did it in an unreleased version) is to set a Callback filter in GatherTpp so that a help can be changed before viewed (or output to html).

This way you can fill tpp forms and so on the fly before render them.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: How can I set up UPPWEB on my computer? [message #28357 is a reply to message #28355] Mon, 30 August 2010 13:30 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
koldo wrote on Mon, 30 August 2010 13:10

I spent months and terrible effort Smile in understanding more or less how it works enough to do the changes (with dolik.rce) that all of you know in Web.

I know well the problem, having developed X11 DHCtrl. It was a pain in the @@@@ just to study Upp core code... which is indeed *very* well written, but really poorly documented.
I know that some people hates my code because is often "too" commented, but I'm able to read it after years Smile

Ciao

Max
Previous Topic: Manual page
Next Topic: Ultimate book questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:30:07 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00933 seconds