Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Automating dialogs used for editing
Automating dialogs used for editing [message #28538] Mon, 06 September 2010 12:31 Go to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I encounter this scenario quite often: you have a dialog with a list of items. Selecting an item updates the dialog. Modifying a widget in the dialog updates the object from the list.

A typical application does this several times, and every time I add a new field to an object, I must create a callback, set the callback to the new control and write some very simple yet tedious update code.

I was wondering if we couldn't come up with a simpler solution. The one solution we have right now that does what I want or close is ArrayCtrl. But I have far too many fields and I don't want to scroll the ArrayCtrl horizontally.
Re: Automating dialogs used for editing [message #29271 is a reply to message #28538] Wed, 13 October 2010 19:47 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Mon, 06 September 2010 06:31

I encounter this scenario quite often: you have a dialog with a list of items. Selecting an item updates the dialog. Modifying a widget in the dialog updates the object from the list.

A typical application does this several times, and every time I add a new field to an object, I must create a callback, set the callback to the new control and write some very simple yet tedious update code.

I was wondering if we couldn't come up with a simpler solution. The one solution we have right now that does what I want or close is ArrayCtrl. But I have far too many fields and I don't want to scroll the ArrayCtrl horizontally.

I cannot say I fully understand, but usually I have single all-compassing method "Sync" in dialog, which does all the updates based on all relevant widgets, then simply assign this one to any relevant widget I add - sometimes, when possible, I even use the loop over all widgets to do so...
Previous Topic: VC10 not recognized in autosetup
Next Topic: Slight problems with RichTextView
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:26:50 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04148 seconds