Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » TreeCtrl: How to...?
TreeCtrl: How to...? [message #28825] Sat, 18 September 2010 13:01 Go to next message
281264 is currently offline  281264
Experienced Member
Chaps:

Allow me to ask some questions concerning TreeCtrl. Here they go:

1.- What is the role of id, key and value? I think id is assigned automatically at the time a node is added and one can not control it-??;

2.- How to modify the look of the TreeCtrl? For example how to implement a Display? I am trying this in a .h file:

struct MyDisplay: public Display{
	virtual void Paint(Draw& w, const Rect& r, const Value& q, Color ink,Color paper,dword style){
		w.DrawRect(r,paper);
	}
};

And this in the implementation:

tree.SetDisplay(Single<MyDisplay>());

but I do not have a clear understanding of Display behaviour. For example if I wanted to modify the font, font color, backcolor, etc of an element of the tree when it is clicked, how to do it?

3.- How is Value q passed to a Display?

Many thank.

Cheers,

Javier
Re: TreeCtrl: How to...? [message #28871 is a reply to message #28825] Tue, 21 September 2010 10:37 Go to previous message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
1- Yes. Id is for internal tracking. Key is a value assigned by the developer to track items and Value is the representation of Key that the developer want to opresent the user.

2- The dword style contains a value indicating that the element being drawn is selected. Ctrl::SELECTED or something like that.

3- q is the Value of the item being drawn.
Previous Topic: chess like drag&drop possible in u++ ?
Next Topic: MultiThreads and GLCtrl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:54:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04919 seconds