Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » Navigator buttons don't highlight very well
Navigator buttons don't highlight very well [message #29656] Fri, 05 November 2010 22:31 Go to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
On my machine, the four buttons nest, package, file turn a light grey colour when pushed but it's barely visible. Is it possible to have a better highlighting of these buttons?

Also, in the "assist++" topic it talks about Ctrl Q to get the code browser and Ctrl W for word help. These don't seem to exist any more. I guess they've been replaced by the navigator window - is that correct?

Graeme
Re: Navigator buttons don't highlight very well [message #29693 is a reply to message #29656] Mon, 08 November 2010 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

gprentice wrote on Fri, 05 November 2010 22:31

On my machine, the four buttons nest, package, file turn a light grey colour when pushed but it's barely visible. Is it possible to have a better highlighting of these buttons?
The buttons are just regular ButtonOption widgets,so their appearance is dependent on your system. At my computer, the change is visible quite fine. I think the only way to make the pushed button stand out more without bringing too much trouble to the rest of gui is to change the icon in the clicked state, but even that might look bad as other buttons in theide just don't behave that way...

gprentice wrote on Fri, 05 November 2010 22:31

Also, in the "assist++" topic it talks about Ctrl Q to get the code browser and Ctrl W for word help. These don't seem to exist any more. I guess they've been replaced by the navigator window - is that correct?

Ctrl+Q now searches the word under caret in the code navigator. Ctrl+W doesn't exist anymore, but if I understand the term "word help" correctly (show help for word under the caret), it should be now replaced by more standard Ctrl+F1.

Honza
Re: Navigator buttons don't highlight very well [message #29705 is a reply to message #29693] Tue, 09 November 2010 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
ok. I might fix the assist++ topic sometime then. Thanks.

Graeme
Re: Navigator buttons don't highlight very well [message #29707 is a reply to message #29693] Tue, 09 November 2010 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
In the addressbook example there is a call to the arrayctrl function ClearSelection. If I use Ctrl F1 with the cursor on ClearSelection, it doesn't find the word and CtrlLib doesn't appear in the help index in the list of used packages. Any idea why that is?
Re: Navigator buttons don't highlight very well [message #29721 is a reply to message #29707] Wed, 10 November 2010 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
gprentice wrote on Tue, 09 November 2010 22:48

In the addressbook example there is a call to the arrayctrl function ClearSelection. If I use Ctrl F1 with the cursor on ClearSelection, it doesn't find the word and CtrlLib doesn't appear in the help index in the list of used packages. Any idea why that is?

ClearSelection and ctrllib seem to turn up in the help in the U++ 2791 release ok so maybe I have something else wrong somewhere.
Re: Navigator buttons don't highlight very well [message #29747 is a reply to message #29721] Fri, 12 November 2010 07:15 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
I had an empty CtrlLib folder in the examples folder. I have no idea how it got there but it screwed up the help index for the AddressBook example. I guess this is the old problem where you can't have a top level folder with the same name as a uppsrc folder - or rather, all top level nest folders have to have unique names across an assembly. I think Ultimate++ should warn about this when you open a package.

Graeme
Previous Topic: Context goto with Format(char *, int)
Next Topic: C++ Parser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:03:49 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01585 seconds