FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » RichText,QTF,RTF... » Line Break / Paragraph Break
icon5.gif  Line Break / Paragraph Break [message #29921] Tue, 30 November 2010 10:56 Go to next message
evandro.poa is currently offline  evandro.poa
Hi there,
Iīm new in U++ and I was looking in QTF specification, but i canīt find distinction between a line break and a paragraph break, it exists?

If not, how I could archive this feature, have a line break in a paragraph without break a paragraph?

thanks in advanced.
Re: Line Break / Paragraph Break [message #29932 is a reply to message #29921] Tue, 30 November 2010 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
evandro.poa wrote on Tue, 30 November 2010 10:56

Hi there,
Iīm new in U++ and I was looking in QTF specification, but i canīt find distinction between a line break and a paragraph break, it exists?

If not, how I could archive this feature, have a line break in a paragraph without break a paragraph?

thanks in advanced.

[ [l60; In paragraph&New line, same paragraph&][ New paragraph]]

There is a distinction... '[]' means paragraph and '&' means "new line". New line may be in paragraph or outside of it. If you don't add a new line at the end or start of a paragraph it share same line as previous paragraph. QTF is a bit different that other "text formats", it doesn't include new line at the end of a paragraph, here paragraph is an style-able entity, so you may have paragraphs in paragraphs.
Re: Line Break / Paragraph Break [message #29938 is a reply to message #29932] Tue, 30 November 2010 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
evandro.poa is currently offline  evandro.poa
Very well, tanks for your help Very Happy
Re: Line Break / Paragraph Break [message #29973 is a reply to message #29932] Wed, 01 December 2010 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
andreincx wrote on Tue, 30 November 2010 11:09

Hi there,

thanks in advanced.

There is a distinction... '[]' means paragraph and '&' means "new line". New line may be in paragraph or outside of it. If you don't add a new line at the end or start of a paragraph it share same line as previous paragraph. QTF is a bit different that other "text formats", it doesn't include new line at the end of a paragraph, here paragraph is an style-able entity, so you may have paragraphs in paragraphs.

Sorry, but this explanation is IMO incorrect.

'&' is always the paragraph break. There are no line breaks in QTF (it is document format).

'[' and ']' are formatting brackets. Formatting can be active over the span of several paragraphs (even tables and table cells).

Mirek
Re: Line Break / Paragraph Break [message #29976 is a reply to message #29973] Wed, 01 December 2010 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Wed, 01 December 2010 19:34

andreincx wrote on Tue, 30 November 2010 11:09

Hi there,

thanks in advanced.

Sorry, but this explanation is IMO incorrect.

'&' is always the paragraph break. There are no line breaks in QTF (it is document format).

'[' and ']' are formatting brackets. Formatting can be active over the span of several paragraphs (even tables and table cells).

Mirek

Rolling Eyes Sorry for misinformation, but that's what i've thought for long time about QTF. Someone should add that to documentation to make it clear.
Re: Line Break / Paragraph Break [message #29985 is a reply to message #29976] Thu, 02 December 2010 11:06 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I do not know, I would say that of all things, documentation of QTF is quite complete and clear about this issue:

http://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$RichText$QTF$en-us.html
Previous Topic: how to put a custom ctrl on RichTextView?
Next Topic: Index / Table of Contents in PDF ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 21:51:04 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03555 seconds