FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » CtrlCore on Mac - xcode files and video
CtrlCore on Mac - xcode files and video [message #30421] Wed, 29 December 2010 19:55 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Not much but some progress!

There are 2 zips for mac inside the attached zip - minimum required uppsrc packages with some changed defines in Core etc. and the heavily modified CtrlCore.
If you dont want to edit xcodeproj files, then I would suggest to put them into /Users/Shared/upp and then unpack. You should get:
1. /Users/Shared/upp/uppsrc - filled with minimal set of upp packages Core, plugin, Draw etc..
2. /Users/Shared/upp/xcode/uppsrc - filled with xcodeproj files.

You should only need to start CtrlCore.xcodeproj, others should compile and link as dependancies.

Try and leave your questions and comments here, please - at least I would now how much someone would be interested and able to help.

P.S I think, upp mac apps without nib files will be better than Qt's ... Wink
P.P.S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HMWQzJ4HQo
(Sorry, the sound after uploading somehow vanished.)

Aris

EDIT: Use "Release" mode in Xcode even for debugging. Debug mode needs more tweaking in Core.
Also, you will/might need to rename unzipped file dirs. See at the top.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 December 2010 23:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CtrlCore on Mac - xcode files and video [message #30424 is a reply to message #30421] Thu, 30 December 2010 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Great! Smile. Is that TheIDE in MAC?

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: CtrlCore on Mac - xcode files and video [message #30429 is a reply to message #30424] Thu, 30 December 2010 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

According by vide, only source code are used for build a package. But theide is not compiled.

Maybe I'm wrong?
Re: CtrlCore on Mac - xcode files and video [message #30431 is a reply to message #30429] Thu, 30 December 2010 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
It's CtrlCore and dependancies for Xcode at early development stage with some limited capabilities like TopWindow where e.g you can draw some lines but it gives you a good start for porting.
Next steps would be (in no particular order):
1. Other Draw methods
2 ImageDraw
3 DnD
4 Clipboard/Pasteboard
5 Events loop and processing
6 Keyboard shortcuts/scan keys
(guesstimate with my current availability - 1 week each + other things)
after that, I guess, excluding file dialog, CtrlLib should compile.
It would be nice if someone could come forward to cooperate in this area.
Re: CtrlCore on Mac - xcode files and video [message #30438 is a reply to message #30431] Fri, 31 December 2010 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
For convenience, I added a project at google code
http://code.google.com/p/upp-mac/
Sorry, mercurial one, because I like hg, Murky and kdiff3.
I really expect more people to come forward with ideas.
Re: CtrlCore on Mac - xcode files and video [message #30446 is a reply to message #30438] Sat, 01 January 2011 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Good work and nice starter.

I plan to branch uppsrc for 'rainbow' development very soon. When we have that, we should be able to finish MacOSX port quite easily, I hope...
Re: CtrlCore on Mac - xcode files and video [message #30457 is a reply to message #30446] Sun, 02 January 2011 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi Mirek,

What do you mean with 'rainbow' ?

[Updated on: Sun, 02 January 2011 12:20]

Re: CtrlCore on Mac - xcode files and video [message #30460 is a reply to message #30457] Sun, 02 January 2011 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Didier,
have a look at:
<a href=" http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th= 5304&goto=29905#msg_29905" target="_blank">this</a>

Mirek & others,
Thanks for your interest!
Also, maybe, is it worth creating a separate forum section for the "rainbow" project ideas exchange? I have got some ideas...
e.g if you remember, long time time ago (2008, I think) I was talking about shaped windows and I had written Core/URegion class templates for that purpose (never published, though). Now, when trying to port, I started thinking again that maybe clipping altogether could be done using kind of regions? Also, at some time, when trying to program my website for infamous EyeCare example comparison, I was thinking, that way would be possible "to stream" the resulting Regions from web server as picture/s to browsers and while processing user actions with some kind of scripts to have rich interactive web apps...

Some more "global ideas". What would be needed to create integrated TheIde/Topic++ with real time forum messengers? The closest thing I found is Google Wave. But! Imagine... you are working with TheIde and you are able to post a question from your T++ window and/or interactively collaborate on the same file/project... And search forum messages from Topic++ and the search automatically adds tags and updates topic++...

Web server Ctrls is a very good idea if I understand correctly Mirek's rainbow project.

Aris,

P.S I know it's not the best forum section to post this info. Bet then it proves the point that existing forum/wiki softwares are out of date... Smile Where is tagging, intelligence and other goodies? Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 02 January 2011 16:16]

Re: CtrlCore on Mac - xcode files and video [message #30477 is a reply to message #30421] Tue, 04 January 2011 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lundman is currently offline  lundman
Experienced Member

Neat, I'll keep an eye on this Smile
Re: CtrlCore on Mac - xcode files and video [message #30517 is a reply to message #30431] Thu, 06 January 2011 11:53 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Too keep you updated and share my progress:

fudadmin wrote on Thu, 30 December 2010 13:17

It's CtrlCore and dependancies for Xcode at early development stage with some limited capabilities like TopWindow where e.g you can draw some lines but it gives you a good start for porting.
Next steps would be (in no particular order):
1. Other Draw methods
2 ImageDraw
3 DnD
4 Clipboard/Pasteboard
5 Events loop and processing
6 Keyboard shortcuts/scan keys
(guesstimate with my current availability - 1 week each + other things)
after that, I guess, excluding file dialog, CtrlLib should compile.

The steps mentioned above not yet implemented but CtrlLib with some reduced functionality compiles and links.
Upp Painter works with SetSurface and NSImage
I hope to update my repo in a few days time (made a lot of a mess...)

A question to all: Would theide work with just painter ctrls?
Previous Topic: Compile X11 Source Package
Next Topic: PLATFORM_MACOSX vs PLATFORM_OSX11
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:38:51 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03876 seconds