Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Docking: Future request!
Docking: Future request! [message #27388] Thu, 15 July 2010 14:15 Go to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

Hello All,

I propose to add new future in docking visualization process like in Visual Studio. I like this realization and seems to be more intuitive!

The process like this:
1. On margins of the main window paints the dock icon options (seems to be in the image package)
2. In the middle of the window where mouse over paint all the docking options and tabbing.
3. When mouse over to a docking/tabbing option do not resize the controls but only paint the transparent blue window.

The image is attached:
index.php?t=getfile&id=2651&private=0

Thank you, Ion Lupascu (tojocky)
  • Attachment: docking.PNG
    (Size: 166.87KB, Downloaded 822 times)
Re: Docking: Future request! [message #27392 is a reply to message #27388] Thu, 15 July 2010 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
Well this one's easy because it's already included Cool

Just inherit from PopUpDockWindow instead of DockWindow. There is one bug with the 'Dock-as-tab' indicator that prevents correct resizing after the user aborts docking, but it's very minor and I don't have time to fix it now.

It also differs slightly from VS because it will do the resizing animation. This is partly because it's really, really hard to draw the blue semi-transparent square correctly in Upp. Maybe I'll have another go sometime.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 July 2010 14:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Docking: Future request! [message #27398 is a reply to message #27392] Thu, 15 July 2010 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

mrjt wrote on Thu, 15 July 2010 15:42

Well this one's easy because it's already included Cool

Just inherit from PopUpDockWindow instead of DockWindow. There is one bug with the 'Dock-as-tab' indicator that prevents correct resizing after the user aborts docking, but it's very minor and I don't have time to fix it now.

It also differs slightly from VS because it will do the resizing animation. This is partly because it's really, really hard to draw the blue semi-transparent square correctly in Upp. Maybe I'll have another go sometime.

The problem seems to be solved a part. But Somethings is missing.
index.php?t=getfile&id=2654&private=0
I can't reproduce this form like in the screenshot with PopUpDockWindow.
Sorry for abstracting.

Regards, Ion Lupascu(tojocky)
  • Attachment: dock1.PNG
    (Size: 175.46KB, Downloaded 815 times)
Re: Docking: Future request! [message #27400 is a reply to message #27398] Thu, 15 July 2010 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
Ah I see. My Docking package is limited to a single row of items in each side dock. Some of the more complex arrangements from VS are unattainable with it. I originally had a more versatile approach but the complexity is overwhelming, plus it precludes other features like animation.
Re: Docking: Future request! [message #27404 is a reply to message #27400] Thu, 15 July 2010 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

mrjt wrote on Thu, 15 July 2010 17:19

Ah I see. My Docking package is limited to a single row of items in each side dock. Some of the more complex arrangements from VS are unattainable with it. I originally had a more versatile approach but the complexity is overwhelming, plus it precludes other features like animation.

Another nice future will be tabbing the main window!

Thank you for great tool!

I will try to test and if is need to contribute!
Re: Docking: Future request! [message #30552 is a reply to message #27400] Sat, 08 January 2011 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

mrjt wrote on Thu, 15 July 2010 17:19

Hello,

I'm ready to work for add the proposed functionality.

What do you think about this?

Do you have any ideas?

[Updated on: Sat, 08 January 2011 11:28]

Re: Docking: Future request! [message #30678 is a reply to message #30552] Sun, 16 January 2011 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

OK,
I have achieved my future request.
index.php?t=getfile&id=3041&private=0

Now, I will add possibility to tabbing main screen view.

I have One problem.

How Can I paint a rectangle with alpha transparency over child controls (frames too)?

Thank you in advance!
Re: Docking: Future request! [message #30779 is a reply to message #30678] Sat, 22 January 2011 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

Ok,

I have finished with tabbing and more flexible docking mechanism.

Remain to finish:
1. to Make nested docking for left, top, right, bottom docking, not only tabbed nested docking;
2. To make possibility for tabbing nested tabs not only bottom (left, top and right).
3. to Save and restore settings;
4. TO finish with highlight effect. (optional).
5. to optimize the code.
index.php?t=getfile&id=3051&private=0

I will share the code when the code will be finished.
  • Attachment: docking3.png
    (Size: 78.21KB, Downloaded 694 times)
Re: Docking: Future request! [message #30782 is a reply to message #30779] Sat, 22 January 2011 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

index.php?t=getfile&id=3053&private=0
Re: Docking: Future request! [message #30783 is a reply to message #30782] Sat, 22 January 2011 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

index.php?t=getfile&id=3054&private=0
Re: Docking: Future request! [message #30788 is a reply to message #30782] Sat, 22 January 2011 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Cool Smile I like positioning windows this way. Previously I liked more animations but I changed my mind, especially that if content of the application is complex animation becomes slow. Could you put somewhere your code?
Re: Docking: Future request! [message #30790 is a reply to message #30788] Sat, 22 January 2011 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

unodgs wrote on Sat, 22 January 2011 17:59

Cool Smile I like positioning windows this way. Previously I liked more animations but I changed my mind, especially that if content of the application is complex animation becomes slow. Could you put somewhere your code?

Of course,

But the code is still unfinished.

If you have another ideas, let me know.

Thanks to authors who created this package!

ADD:

Removed need to add docking registrations in separate method. Now it can be registrable in constructor!

[Updated on: Sat, 22 January 2011 23:30]

Re: Docking: Future request! [message #31018 is a reply to message #30790] Tue, 01 February 2011 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
281264 is currently offline  281264
Experienced Member
Excellent!

Docking still does not work 100% correctly with OpenGL (U++-GLCtrl) when more than one control is using OpenGL and the “Main window” is also a GLCtrl. To be more precise, Auto-hide mode provokes an incorrect assignment of the device context between the different GLCtrls and therefore it distorts the image of the “Main Window”.

It would be great if, forming part of this Docking upgrade, you could investigate and eventually fix this limitation.

Many thanks,

Javier
Re: Docking: Future request! [message #31028 is a reply to message #31018] Tue, 01 February 2011 19:51 Go to previous message
Contributor

281264 wrote on Tue, 01 February 2011 14:24

Excellent!

Docking still does not work 100% correctly with OpenGL (U++-GLCtrl) when more than one control is using OpenGL and the “Main window” is also a GLCtrl. To be more precise, Auto-hide mode provokes an incorrect assignment of the device context between the different GLCtrls and therefore it distorts the image of the “Main Window”.

It would be great if, forming part of this Docking upgrade, you could investigate and eventually fix this limitation.

Many thanks,

Javier

I will try to investigate this problem. I afraid that this is the OpenGL problem.
Previous Topic: Excel
Next Topic: SDL packages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:29:47 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01221 seconds