FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Ideas for TheRainbow
Ideas for TheRainbow [message #30880] Thu, 27 January 2011 16:12 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
First of, a bit of topic, all what if name all upp technologies with the prefix "the"? or "upp" Smile
if we have TheIde, then we should have TheRainbow, TheChameleon etc. This should help when searching the net?

But one idea for the rainbow is:
"what if get rid off using native windows for upp ctrls and would just use then as clickable images/regions?"
My guess is that mac os x uses this approach.
Re: Ideas for TheRainbow [message #30881 is a reply to message #30880] Thu, 27 January 2011 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Thu, 27 January 2011 10:12

First of, a bit of topic, all what if name all upp technologies with the prefix "the"? or "upp" Smile
if we have TheIde, then we should have TheRainbow, TheChameleon etc. This should help when searching the net?

But one idea for the rainbow is:
"what if get rid off using native windows for upp ctrls and would just use then as clickable images/regions?"
My guess is that mac os x uses this approach.

Not sure if I understand the question correctly, but if yes, then the answer is the:

We already did. It was always this way in U++...

(There is an exception, "DHCtrl", but that is only because some APIs require native widget windows, e.g. OpenGL).

Mirek
Re: Ideas for TheRainbow [message #30884 is a reply to message #30881] Thu, 27 January 2011 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Quote:

Not sure if I understand the question correctly, but if yes, then the answer is the:

(There is an exception, "DHCtrl", but that is only because some APIs require native widget windows, e.g. OpenGL).

Mirek

sorry for not being clear. I should have used the words "totally get rid off". Because popups and menus are created from the system windows, aren't they?

/* related off topic
And they killing my time currently because they are not displayed on osx11 and I can't use theIde and I need to find where the bug is Twisted Evil
somewhere around in X11Wnd.cpp
void Ctrl::WndShow0(bool b) 
 XMapWindow()

*/

if the whole window is an image or series of images (or their references) then it would open a possibility to stream theIde and upp apps to a remote terminal?
Re: Ideas for TheRainbow [message #30888 is a reply to message #30884] Thu, 27 January 2011 20:34 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Thu, 27 January 2011 11:14

Quote:

Mirek

sorry for not being clear. I should have used the words "totally get rid off". Because popups and menus are created from the system windows, aren't they?

But you cannot do it otherwise.

At some point, you need a host platform window to make your drawing in it...

Quote:

if the whole window is an image or series of images (or their references) then it would open a possibility to stream theIde and upp apps to a remote terminal?

Sure.
Previous Topic: OpenCL
Next Topic: SSE2(/AVX) and alignment issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:26:51 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02006 seconds