FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Documentation » Getting started with theIDE update
Getting started with theIDE update [message #30901] Fri, 28 January 2011 05:51 Go to next message
bitagenda is currently offline  bitagenda
page - http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$GettingStarted$en-us.html
title - Getting started with TheIDE
section - 3.1
content -
3.1 First, if this is your main package (if you don't know what a main package is, just assume it IS :) select "Main package configuration" from the "Workspace" menu.

note - there is no "Workspace" menu, "Main package configuration" is in "Project" menu

fix - 3.1 First, if this is your main package (if you don't know what a main package is, just assume it IS :) select "Main package configuration" from the "Project" menu.

title - Some explaining about the TheIDE:

content -
What is stored where ?

When first using the TheIDE, it can be confusing to see that settings like static/shared building, execute-, include- and linker- paths can be set in multiple places (for instance, in Workspace->Package Organizer, in Setup->Build methods and by clicking on the current build method in the mainscreen (top of the screen ie. "GCC Debug").

Workspace->Package organizer:

fix - two references to Workspace-> should be Project-> both

p.d. - Please, delete this post after

[Updated on: Fri, 28 January 2011 06:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Getting started with theIDE update [message #30907 is a reply to message #30901] Fri, 28 January 2011 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi and welcome to U++ forum Smile

Thanks for pointing this issue out, the page for new users should not have such issues. I'll update it to reflect current state. Also some of the pictures are very outdated, so that will be fixed as well.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Getting started with theIDE update [message #31004 is a reply to message #30907] Mon, 31 January 2011 17:41 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Updated and committed. The changes should appear on the website tomorrow morning.

If you find more outdated information, please let me know. I am aware that the documentation is not exactly in a great shape, but I'll do my best to keep at least the parts aimed at beginners up-to-date.

Honza
Previous Topic: Problems with help organization
Next Topic: Where are the templates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:03:24 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01687 seconds