Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » VC++ 2010 Express
VC++ 2010 Express [message #31627] Fri, 18 March 2011 11:24 Go to next message
Bond is currently offline  Bond
Hi,

Is there any solution file for VC++ 2010 Express version? The examples fail to compile/run outside your IDE. The IDE is great but I'd like to be able to use VC++ 2010 Express IDE as well. I'd be thankful if you could tell me the compiler/linker settings or give me a link to a VC++ 2010 Express solution file.

Best regards / Bond
Re: VC++ 2010 Express [message #31643 is a reply to message #31627] Fri, 18 March 2011 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently online  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Bond

In my case using MSC9 is similar to MSC10, just changing "Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0" with "Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0" in all folders.

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: VC++ 2010 Express [message #31713 is a reply to message #31627] Mon, 21 March 2011 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
koldo: he actually wants to compile upp project (which one? TheIDE?) inside MSVS10 (express).

Bond: no solution file, but I think MSVS can still use old makefiles? I'm just not sure for which version of make, or maybe you should specify one.
Try makefile export in TheIDE? Or maybe try dolik's universal one. But at first check what kind of make MSVS can support and how well.

Or maybe just put verbose mode on, and compile with MSC10 inside TheIDE to see what is called and how. And set up your own solution accordingly.

But overall it's not possible to mimic upp versatile modular build system with MSVS. It's feasible to set up a solution file for single particular project, but overall you will need TheIDE as a reference every time you will try something different.

(hint: most of us just gave up and learned to use TheIDE Smile ... it's far from perfect, but it's possible to be quite productive with it, and in case you have some huge problem, it can be eventually improved, it already has been several times)
Re: VC++ 2010 Express [message #31728 is a reply to message #31713] Mon, 21 March 2011 18:10 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

mr_ped wrote on Mon, 21 March 2011 08:55

no solution file, but I think MSVS can still use old makefiles? I'm just not sure for which version of make, or maybe you should specify one.
Try makefile export in TheIDE? Or maybe try dolik's universal one. But at first check what kind of make MSVS can support and how well.

I have absolutely no knowledge about MSVC but I am 100% sure that the universal Makefile does not work on windows Wink The easiest way would be probably some very simple makefile (if it is supported at all) using theide in the command line mode to export makefile for given package and then building it using targets from this generated makefile. This approach could give keep at least part of the U++ modularity...

Honza
Previous Topic: Ctrl: Paint only affected area?
Next Topic: MPI and U++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:00:28 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 2.16613 seconds