Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » How to make .usc files ?
How to make .usc files ? [message #32054] Tue, 19 April 2011 15:40 Go to next message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi,

I didn't find any documentation about .usc files... Just some questions about it in this forum, but it's not very helpfull...

A lot of personal controls (even more "official" ones in bazaar, like SliderCtrlX by koldo) don't have any .usc file, and we cannot use them with layout editor...

How can I write .usc files ? I think I understand a little how it works, but there is still too much mysteries for me to be able to do this !
Re: How to make .usc files ? [message #32056 is a reply to message #32054] Tue, 19 April 2011 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I think you can use layout editor even for control without .usc? But just in a bit more limited way, that is. But it's not like you have to omit them at all, IIRC.
Re: How to make .usc files ? [message #32068 is a reply to message #32054] Wed, 20 April 2011 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
How can I do that ? Even "just in a bit more limited way", I don't know how to have some wisiwig way to edit the layout for controls without .usc file...

And anyway, I should like to know how to make .usc files, I'm not looking for a way to workaround Wink

Thanks anyway : could have been usefull if it was the case.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 April 2011 00:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to make .usc files ? [message #32109 is a reply to message #32068] Mon, 25 April 2011 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Jibe

Yes AFAIK there is no .usc manual. All I have learned has been by reading existing files and trying.

You can put directly a class derived from Ctrl without .usc in the Layout Editor: just choose the first option "User Class" and enter your class name in class name field.

About SliderCtrlX, although the code is not mine, I put it in Bazaar trying unsuccessfully to force to put the improvements in the official source. I will put now a basic .usc just to help.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: How to make .usc files ? [message #32176 is a reply to message #32054] Fri, 29 April 2011 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi,

Sorry, I'm busy and not often here for now...

Some tutorial about usc should be usefull, but I understand that it's not easy when everybody is busy... However, a more complete documentation would surely make U++ more popular Wink

koldo wrote on Mon, 25 April 2011 08:36

You can put directly a class derived from Ctrl without .usc in the Layout Editor: just choose the first option "User Class" and enter your class name in class name field.

Ok, I see. Thanks !

koldo wrote on Mon, 25 April 2011 08:36

About SliderCtrlX, although the code is not mine, I put it in Bazaar trying unsuccessfully to force to put the improvements in the official source. I will put now a basic .usc just to help.

What about put it in Controls4U ? I think that it would be a good place.

Re: How to make .usc files ? [message #32196 is a reply to message #32176] Sat, 30 April 2011 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Quote:

What about put it in Controls4U ? I think that it would be a good place.

If there is not a better place... Confused , well

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: How to make .usc files ? [message #32231 is a reply to message #32054] Mon, 02 May 2011 10:54 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Hi,

It's just an idea : if you think about a better place, no problem for me !

I just think that some people don't use complicated or enhanced controls, just basic ones. So, it can be nice to have enhanced controls collected in a separate library, and good that there is in it a wide choice of enhanced controls as complete as possible and where anyone can propose some new enhancements...
Previous Topic: Add line to pop_up box
Next Topic: Invalid build method
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:49:00 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03370 seconds