Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » porting an app from vc++
porting an app from vc++ [message #32242] Tue, 03 May 2011 02:09 Go to next message
DavidCH is currently offline  DavidCH
Hi... I am a newbie... This looks like a rad tool but i have fallen short at the first hurdle.
I have a tool that I developed in vc++ that i want porting to linux and low and behold u++ was selected as the means.

So i am evaluating it.

I want to import a common source library for zlib however, if i right click the bottom LHS window where main.cpp is and select package import, i get a dialog displayed showing me a windows explorer summary. I choose desktop and then i immediately get the following error dialog:-
Unable to read the directory !

C:\Users\David_2\Desktop

The file name, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

does this mean i have to import each file one by one? Why can't I just select them from windows explorer and just drop them on the IDE. After all this should be the mother of IDE's with the name of 'TheIDE'. (I love the icon by the way)

Also is there a wizard that will do a conversion between visual studio and u++ as I would like to get this project converted by Friday? (I am always hopeful Very Happy )

Re: porting an app from vc++ [message #32243 is a reply to message #32242] Tue, 03 May 2011 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello David

Welcome here Smile!

I think this is a bad behavior of TheIDE. When choosing "Insert Package Directory File(s)", it gives that strange message when you try to choose a folder out of the package directory Smile. It would be better that just left side folders rectangle would not appear, like in the image:

index.php?t=getfile&id=3214&private=0

In U++ it is a good thing to put all the project files in the package folder or under it.

If in some strange case you need to add a file outside it, choose
in LHS window the option "Special/Insert any file(s)".

Ah, ask as much as you like. We are here to help Smile (but try to choose other place in the Forum like "Community/Newby corner".
  • Attachment: dib.PNG
    (Size: 33.75KB, Downloaded 532 times)

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: porting an app from vc++ [message #32244 is a reply to message #32242] Tue, 03 May 2011 09:12 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Anyway, how about using "plugin/z" package?
Previous Topic: Debian repository up and running
Next Topic: svn mirror lost (and being recreated)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 11:47:09 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03968 seconds