Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » new! ANTI VIRUS FALSE POSITIVE with Upp (GUI MT FileSel)
new! ANTI VIRUS FALSE POSITIVE with Upp (GUI MT FileSel) [message #32325] Mon, 09 May 2011 14:46 Go to next message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
running current (updated) freeav (avira) and try compile

reference/FileSelPreview with
GUI MT, MSC9, all static, without BLITZ

--> false positive: TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen2.

compile withouth MT or in DEBUG does not yield the false positive.. i suppose its only MSC9 problem. didnt try with mingw though.

traced it down to be FileSel the problem. (make new empty CtrlLib project, GUI MT, put a FileSel in the app class, compile like above. thats all).

what can be done with it?

Re: new! ANTI VIRUS FALSE POSITIVE with Upp (GUI MT FileSel) [message #32326 is a reply to message #32325] Mon, 09 May 2011 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
kohait00 wrote on Mon, 09 May 2011 08:46

running current (updated) freeav (avira) and try compile

reference/FileSelPreview with
GUI MT, MSC9, all static, without BLITZ

--> false positive: TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen2.

compile withouth MT or in DEBUG does not yield the false positive.. i suppose its only MSC9 problem. didnt try with mingw though.

traced it down to be FileSel the problem. (make new empty CtrlLib project, GUI MT, put a FileSel in the app class, compile like above. thats all).

what can be done with it?

It sucks, but obviously, it is not FileSel problem, but freeave (avira) problem....

Maybe you should let them know, with exact steps to reproduce the problem?

Mirek
Re: new! ANTI VIRUS FALSE POSITIVE with Upp (GUI MT FileSel) [message #32327 is a reply to message #32326] Mon, 09 May 2011 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
yea, i know it's AV business. upp is out of guilty here. but FileSel was the part causing the false positive.

i really ask my self if they will care about this, upp is too small yet.. but ill do.. will send them an exe example so they can analyze it..

EDIT: just phoned avira. this is really bad, they only fix it for compiled exes. not generally, so that upp in general could profit from it. i'll try it anyway..am in contact with them..

[Updated on: Mon, 09 May 2011 15:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: new! ANTI VIRUS FALSE POSITIVE with Upp (GUI MT FileSel) [message #32329 is a reply to message #32327] Mon, 09 May 2011 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Hm, in theory, I would say that perhaps the code that is fetching icons from the system could be the culprit.... Maybe it would be worth to try to exlude it?
Re: new! ANTI VIRUS FALSE POSITIVE with Upp (GUI MT FileSel) [message #32330 is a reply to message #32329] Mon, 09 May 2011 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
that'd be great..is it an easy task should i try it or is it best any one with more indepth sight does it?
Re: new! ANTI VIRUS FALSE POSITIVE with Upp (GUI MT FileSel) [message #32333 is a reply to message #32330] Mon, 09 May 2011 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
kohait00 wrote on Mon, 09 May 2011 10:52

that'd be great..is it an easy task should i try it or is it best any one with more indepth sight does it?

I bet you can. Comment out content of

virtual Image FileIconMaker::Make() const {
/* */
return Null;
}

Mirek
Re: new! ANTI VIRUS FALSE POSITIVE with Upp (GUI MT FileSel) [message #32338 is a reply to message #32333] Tue, 10 May 2011 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
i tried it, unfort. this didnt help.
is there anything else 'potentially' unsafe in FileSel? Smile
Re: new! ANTI VIRUS FALSE POSITIVE with Upp (GUI MT FileSel) [message #32341 is a reply to message #32338] Tue, 10 May 2011 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
i found the reason why it's ringing a false positive:

NetNode.cpp
::WNetOpenEnum()
::WNetOpenRessource()

as soon as one of theese is present, boom...

but it's a problem, quite a huge one. theese are Windows Functions. we can't change the code in any way.

i'll try to contact avira again.
Re: new! ANTI VIRUS FALSE POSITIVE with Upp (GUI MT FileSel) [message #32771 is a reply to message #32341] Tue, 07 June 2011 11:43 Go to previous message
Experienced Contributor
it's a month now and i havent heared anything from these guys over at antivir. no changes arrived with any updates, though i have sent them some example exes that trigger the error as well.

so any of those WNet* functions in NetNode are triggering the fals e positive. is there a possible workaround for that?

has any of you guys experienced the same problems? (with free av for windows)
Previous Topic: tif image 16 bit. autolevel
Next Topic: Add new color Standard convertions RGB <-> Cie XYZ <-> Cie L*a*b*
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:12:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01271 seconds