Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » Pb with code completion in latests versions
Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #32399] Mon, 16 May 2011 08:58 Go to next message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi,

At least since 3409 (under Ubuntu 10.04), the code completion (using the Assist++ window that appears after typing . or ->, and clicking on the desired method or variable) is no more working. A popup with "Invalid memory access" appears, and Theide dies...

I've still the problem with 3412. Sorry, no time for now to download and test last nightly build : forget this if solved in a more recent version...

A problem with code completion was mentioned in this post, but seems to be different : I always get the assist++ popup.
Re: Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #32428 is a reply to message #32399] Tue, 17 May 2011 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi,

I just updated to the last nighly build (3419), and still have the same problem...
Re: Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #32609 is a reply to message #32399] Fri, 27 May 2011 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi,

Always the same with 3465...

Am I alone to have this problem ? From where could it come ? I already tried to erase my .upp folder, unsuccessfully...

It was running well with old versions (before 3409)

I'm under Linux (Ubuntu)...

Could it be the same problem ? I have also a problem choosing colors in the Layout designer, for example changing colors in StaticRectangle (Controls4U). Koldo confirmed that there is no problem for him...
Re: Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #32611 is a reply to message #32609] Fri, 27 May 2011 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hard to tell what is the cause, when nobody can reproduce it... Could you try to compile theide in debug mode and run theide in debugger and post the backtrace when the crash happens?

Is there something unusual about your ubuntu setup? My guess is that there is something wrong with the PopUp code. Mirek was tweaking that recently, but IIRC it was after you first reported this, so there should be no direct connection...

Honza
Re: Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #32612 is a reply to message #32611] Fri, 27 May 2011 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Quote:

Hard to tell what is the cause, when nobody can reproduce it... Could you try to compile theide in debug mode and run theide in debugger and post the backtrace when the crash happens?

Is there something unusual about your ubuntu setup? My guess is that there is something wrong with the PopUp code. Mirek was tweaking that recently, but IIRC it was after you first reported this, so there should be no direct connection...

Honza

Hi Honza,

Actually, I can reproduce this bug all the time on my kubuntu 11.04 setup with latest daily builds, and yes my suspicion is also that it is a bug deep in the popup code or x11 base (which, you might remember, I've already reported an issue about color popups). But unlike the color popup widget crash, I can avoid the code completion window crash by using keyboard instead of mouse click.

Regards.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2011 20:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #32617 is a reply to message #32399] Sat, 28 May 2011 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi,

Mmmm... Could be that, effectively ! This reminds me that I re-installed my Ubuntu some time ago. I'm not sure at all, but it could be after this re-installation that the problem appeared... I cannot imagine what change in the config could be the reason.

Re: Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #32625 is a reply to message #32617] Sun, 29 May 2011 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi all,

I have the exact same problem with the latest svn versions. I'm on fedora12 ( not been updated since some time now ) and everything worked fine before.

I also have the same problem with the color popup:
Ide crashes when in QTF assist or with Uword.

These two crashes are really anoying.

A third crash is with QTF assist : if you try to modify style or something like this: ide crashes Sad.

I will try to use the keyboard instead of mouse to see if it doesn't crash.

[Updated on: Sun, 29 May 2011 10:05]

Re: Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #32906 is a reply to message #32625] Sun, 19 June 2011 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

I have the same problem on Ubuntu 10.10.

I want to rollback to old release. Who knows at what point did it all start?

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #32907 is a reply to message #32906] Sun, 19 June 2011 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

I noticed when autocomplete finish on the keyboard, the crash does not occur. And if you finish choosing a mouse, it is crash.

{
}
Re: Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #32911 is a reply to message #32907] Sun, 19 June 2011 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

Move message to other thread http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=329 12&#msg_32912

{
}

[Updated on: Sun, 19 June 2011 14:25]

Re: Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #32913 is a reply to message #32911] Sun, 19 June 2011 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

SOLVED (maybe Wink)

By the way!
I move same way and accidentally correct the bug!!!

I kill one row and all become correct!!!

Let's try!!!:

svn: 3546
file: X11Wnd.cpp
comment line: 1025 (function void Ctrl::SetWndForeground0():
void Ctrl::SetWndForeground0()
{
	GuiLock __;
	LLOG("SetWndForeground " << Name());
	if(!top || !IsVisible()) return;
	if(!IsEnabled()) {
		LLOG("Not enabled");
		XWindow *w = GetXWindow();
		if(w && w->last_active && w->last_active != this &&
		   w->last_active->IsOpen() && w->last_active->IsEnabled())
			w->last_active->SetWndForeground();
	}
	else {
//		SetWndFocus(); // <<<----- Comment this line
		XRaiseWindow(Xdisplay, top->window);
	}
}

{
}

[Updated on: Sun, 19 June 2011 15:08]

Re: Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #32925 is a reply to message #32399] Tue, 21 June 2011 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi,

Interresting Smile

However, this appeared in the same time with this other problem (I don't know about this one, as I cannot see the video... unknown codec !). I think that they have the same origin.

sergeynikitin's solutions seems also to confirm that it could be the same origin, and I think that the bug is deeper in the video code...

I should like to know the opinion of the developpers ?

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2011 09:11]

Re: Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #33661 is a reply to message #32925] Sun, 04 September 2011 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Sorry for the dealay, it should be now fixed.

Mirek
Re: Pb with code completion in latests versions [message #34549 is a reply to message #32399] Mon, 28 November 2011 16:48 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Hi,

Sorry to be so late to reply... Very busy with other things...

Working well now Smile

Thanks !

[Updated on: Mon, 28 November 2011 16:51]

Previous Topic: theide: Complete abbreviations
Next Topic: Core/config.h
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:35:51 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01424 seconds