FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Converting HTML to "normal" text
Converting HTML to "normal" text [message #32929] Tue, 21 June 2011 15:38 Go to next message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi,

Is there some function to convert HTML with character entities (à &193; Á) to "normal" accented text (à) ?

I was unable to find that... Pls can you give me a link in the doc ?

If not yet existing, did somebody already work on it ?
Re: Converting HTML to "normal" text [message #32978 is a reply to message #32929] Mon, 27 June 2011 16:11 Go to previous message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi,

This is a very simple problem : we have just to replace HTML entities with accented letters, or the contrary (HTML2String() or String2HTML()).

The problem is just to have something as complete as possible, with the different kinds of HTML entities (string, decimal or hexadecimal) and all possible entities (accented letters, symbols etc.). I'm surprised that nobody worked on it, and to not find something complete in source codes of different languages... If you know something, please tell me where to find it !

I wrote a function with a part of entities... This covers my needs for now. If I have time, I'll make it more complete (and better coded Embarassed ) and share it.
Previous Topic: Database with several windows
Next Topic: SQL query generator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:35:14 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04284 seconds