Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Migration status
Migration status [message #34143] Sun, 23 October 2011 20:19 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Hi,

as you can see, I had some progress with migration.

Unfortunately, I got stuck with forum migration. For yet unknown reason, export/import of forum did not worked as expected, in the end I had to fix it and patch it and fix it again, until I got here... which is still not good, but at least I can post this message. I will continue fixing Wink

So far we have migrated svn, website generation (for uppweb developers, ftp transfer at the end of website generation process is not commented out as uppweb now runs directly at the web server and stores files to /var/www) and, more or less, this forum.

The migrated svn repostory resides at

svn://www.ultimatepp.org/upp

What is missing is redmine - I will try to do it ASAP... And then of course, finilizing the forum migration (but I hope we can have it this ugly for a couple of days).

Mirek
Re: Migration status [message #34145 is a reply to message #34143] Sun, 23 October 2011 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
maybe is it worth upgrading forum software at the same time?
Re: Migration status [message #34146 is a reply to message #34145] Sun, 23 October 2011 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Sun, 23 October 2011 14:57

Originally, I have intended to do that, but glitch in import took me so much time that I gave it up for now... I do not want any more surprises.

Besides, I guess that perhaps forum is a nice testcase for U++ web framework development, is not it? Wink

Mirek
Re: Migration status [message #34147 is a reply to message #34146] Sun, 23 October 2011 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
mirek wrote on Sun, 23 October 2011 20:10

fudadmin wrote on Sun, 23 October 2011 14:57

Originally, I have intended to do that, but glitch in import took me so much time that I gave it up for now... I do not want any more surprises.

Besides, I guess that perhaps forum is a nice testcase for U++ web framework development, is not it? Wink

Mirek

on the website: forums integrated with Topic
on the ide: Topic and instant messaging? Wink
Re: Migration status [message #34148 is a reply to message #34147] Mon, 24 October 2011 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Redmine restored at http://www.ultimatepp.org/redmine...
Re: Migration status [message #34153 is a reply to message #34143] Mon, 24 October 2011 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hi all,

migration of svn brings some problems for uppgit again Smile, different location means different history, for the git repo based on the former native dev svn server..the googlecode one still remains gracefully.

now what's the matter with git? there is a strategic decision to take.

we could keep the git history based on upp-mirror svn, which is fine. but what if someday we switch from google to *X* or the mirror service wont be continued...? we would need to move to the real svn repo and the history will break again.

so maybe the true and only now official ultimatepp server?
is a readonly svn access planned for
svn://www.ultimatepp.org/upp
if yes, it would be a good time to migrate to the real upp server svn history.. if no readonly access is planned, this doesnt make sense anyway, and we could stay with upp-mirror based.

so basicly, the question is, which git repo history are we going to keep? cause i am currently still keeping both around Smile

cheers.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 October 2011 22:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Migration status [message #34154 is a reply to message #34153] Mon, 24 October 2011 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
kohait00 wrote on Mon, 24 October 2011 16:09

hi all,

migration of svn brings some problems for uppgit again Smile, different location means different history, for the git repo based on the former native dev svn server..the googlecode one still remains gracefully.

now what's the matter with git? there is a strategic decision to take.

we could keep the git history based on upp-mirror svn, which is fine. but what if someday we switch from google to *X* or the mirror service wont be continued...? we would need to move to the real svn repo and the history will break again.

Well, I do not know, I would guess chances that mirroring ends and chances that www.ultimatepp.org/upp is changed are about the same... Both small.

Mirek
Re: Migration status [message #34155 is a reply to message #34154] Tue, 25 October 2011 08:19 Go to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
Quote:

chances that mirroring ends and chances that www.ultimatepp.org/upp is changed are about the same... Both small.

never meant anything else.. Wink

i think the best option would be to keep the upp-mirror-based git repo. by the time google is canceling the service, we could finally think about total migration to GIT anyway Very Happy

for git repo on the upp server, i'm ready when you are..
Previous Topic: U++ svn > 4000
Next Topic: New Value features
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:03:22 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03029 seconds