FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » How to connect to native MySql
How to connect to native MySql [message #34308] Thu, 10 November 2011 22:17 Go to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hi alls who like U++,

I know that connection to databases is an important topic for all programmers and U++ is a wonderful tool to do with databases as MySql.

The 2 ways to connect is through ODBC layer or to connect directly to MySql libray.

The 2 solutions are possible with U++ and ODBC is the easiest way (I will post some example for it if any interest). The direct connection is more tricky (for me surely Confused ) but is more reliable when database size comes very large with a lot of records.

So I propose some information that could help beginners not to waste too much time on it by posting a document summarizing how to easily connect to MySql without ODBC. The attached file is given as an odt file that can be opened with Open Office suite.

Hope this could be helpful

If some people are interested, I could give some additional infomation if necessary.

U++ is defintively a great IDE for C++ development and particularly database applications.

Good programming for all

Cheers

Biobytes

[Updated on: Thu, 10 November 2011 22:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to connect to native MySql [message #34309 is a reply to message #34308] Fri, 11 November 2011 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi BioBytes!

This seems like a very helpful document. I guess it would be a shame if it got lost and forgotten attachment here in forum - would you mind converting it to tpp and making it part of U++ docs? It would fit nicely into the tutorials section Wink

Best regards,
Honza

PS: If you don't have time (or you don't like tpp Smile ), I can do the work for you, with your permission.
Re: How to connect to native MySql [message #34310 is a reply to message #34309] Fri, 11 November 2011 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hi Dolik,

Thank you for your interest. My goal was to make beginners first steps in U++ and databases connection easier.

Yes of course I would like it could be included in U++ tutorials. But I do not know really how to do that so if you could do that, it would be nice.

Best regards

Pat

PS: I updated the document in translating the french wording into english
Re: How to connect to native MySql [message #34328 is a reply to message #34310] Sat, 12 November 2011 19:21 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
It is now in U++, thank you.

That said, original reference example was for native connection and theide has some support for MySQL autosetup...

Mirek
Previous Topic: U++ for a MS Devstudio solution?
Next Topic: Best Unicode strategy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:07:16 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02404 seconds