Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » U++ for a MS Devstudio solution?
U++ for a MS Devstudio solution? [message #34320] Fri, 11 November 2011 20:01 Go to next message
conrad is currently offline  conrad
Promising Member
Hi,
I have done some more work with a U++ test app using a managed .Net wrapper library for accessing a database with much business logic. It works ok. I am very slowly beginning to get a feel for U++ and theIde. But I keep thinking that a VS 2010 solution has a few extra things to offer for such a combination.
So I was wondering if you ever considered U++ for a devstudio solution?
I realize this question is on thin ice, given the work you have put in theIde, packages, layout designer and so much more.
I am not advocating devstudio, by no means, but I'd like to be able to build and debug U++ in a devstudio solution.

Sincerely,
Conrad
Re: U++ for a MS Devstudio solution? [message #34321 is a reply to message #34320] Fri, 11 November 2011 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sender Ghost is currently offline  Sender Ghost
conrad wrote on Fri, 11 November 2011 20:01

I'd like to be able to build and debug U++ in a devstudio solution.

Hello, Conrad.

From my perspective, there is possibility to generate Visual Studio project/solution files, with using CMake.
I created following topic for this purpose, which shows the possibility to create similar CMakeLists.txt files for U++ packages:
Building TheIDE with using CMake.

But you need to consider, that this is manual solution. Therefore, when contents of U++ packages updates, you need to update your CMakeLists.txt files also.

Instead, I suggest you to create Visual Studio solution for managed .Net wrapper library only (in case, if you need IntelliSense for .Net Framework libraries) and test it outside of U++ packages.
Re: U++ for a MS Devstudio solution? [message #34323 is a reply to message #34321] Fri, 11 November 2011 21:00 Go to previous message
conrad is currently offline  conrad
Promising Member
Thank you.
I will look into this.
Conrad
Previous Topic: U++ and Managed c++ /clr
Next Topic: How to connect to native MySql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:00:22 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01653 seconds