Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » XMLMenu - User configurable menu system - completed
XMLMenu - User configurable menu system - completed [message #34116] Thu, 20 October 2011 13:04 Go to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Hi all,

The XMLMenu package is now in Bazaar, with TextXMLMenu demo application showing most of features.
Here a screenshot :

index.php?t=getfile&id=3478&private=0

To edit the menus, just right click on a toolbar and you'll be able to turn on or off toolbars or edit the whole menu system.

Toolbars are fully draggable on 4 docking corners.

You can "XMLMenu-ize" any control, not just TopWindow, as shown in demo app.

Features :

- Fully draggable toolbars
- Embedded menu/toolbar editor
- Handles toolbars, main menu and context menus
- Allow user commands to be added; they'll run a callback with name of command as parameter
- Allow to define embedded commands with callbacks and also embedded controls in menus
- Can change images of menus and toolbars, loading from file
- Full XML streaming support for the menu configuration

Enjoy !

Ciao

Max
  • Attachment: XMLMenu.png
    (Size: 27.56KB, Downloaded 726 times)
Re: XMLMenu - User configurable menu system - completed [message #34117 is a reply to message #34116] Thu, 20 October 2011 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Brilliant job, Max! It's a fantastic improvement for u++!
Re: XMLMenu - User configurable menu system - completed [message #34118 is a reply to message #34116] Thu, 20 October 2011 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chickenk is currently offline  chickenk
Experienced Member
Amazing work. Congrats! Very useful and well done.

One question though: how do you drag a floating toolbar (like the one shown on the picture) to a corner again? Click and drag the floating window title bar?

If that's the case, there's a small issue in that it would not work on every window manager: For example I use a tiling window manager (awesome) where I have no title bars for my windows. I tried the usual keyboard helpers to drag my windows on this WM (for my config it is META + left click + drag) and I can move the floating toolbar but I cannot make it sticky again in the main window.

Cheers,
Lionel

[Updated on: Thu, 20 October 2011 14:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: XMLMenu - User configurable menu system - completed [message #34120 is a reply to message #34118] Thu, 20 October 2011 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
chickenk wrote on Thu, 20 October 2011 14:29

Amazing work. Congrats! Very useful and well done.

One question though: how do you drag a floating toolbar (like the one shown on the picture) to a corner again? Click and drag the floating window title bar?

If that's the case, there's a small issue in that it would not work on every window manager: For example I use a tiling window manager (awesome) where I have no title bars for my windows. I tried the usual keyboard helpers to drag my windows on this WM (for my config it is META + left click + drag) and I can move the floating toolbar but I cannot make it sticky again in the main window.

Cheers,
Lionel

Hmmmm... yes, you shall drag the title bar and drop it on destination frame. With no title bar, no chance Smile
For the moment, at least.... I could try to find a workaround for your wm.
It would be possible to add a dragging frame and drag from there, but this will need some more coding efforts.....
Or, we could also allow un-docked toolbar to stay there as popups with dragging frame instead of topwindows, but again, I'll need to make some changes there.

BTW, that's the first time I hear about a WM without title bars Smile

Max
Re: XMLMenu - User configurable menu system - completed [message #34382 is a reply to message #34120] Sat, 19 November 2011 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
281264 is currently offline  281264
Experienced Member
Massimo,

Superb!

One remark: Once you’ve closed a menu bar, how can you restore it again? Just for testing, I’ve closed all the menu bars and they do not show up anymore.

Cheers,

Javier
Re: XMLMenu - User configurable menu system - completed [message #34383 is a reply to message #34382] Sat, 19 November 2011 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
281264 wrote on Sat, 19 November 2011 17:06

Massimo,

Superb!

One remark: Once you’ve closed a menu bar, how can you restore it again? Just for testing, I’ve closed all the menu bars and they do not show up anymore.

Cheers,

Javier

Hi,

should work with right click on docking frames, then select the bar you want to display in menu.

Ciao

Max
Re: XMLMenu - User configurable menu system - completed [message #34395 is a reply to message #34383] Sun, 20 November 2011 11:12 Go to previous message
281264 is currently offline  281264
Experienced Member
Massimo,

It does work, thank you.

Some comments, as end user: for example if a docking frame has already got a menu bar displayed in it, then the contextual menu does not get activated unless you click in its border. In general the display of the contextual menu (by right clicking) is a bit tricky: you need to be very precise when you click. I guess it is a matter of fine adjusting the click of the mouse.

Many thanks. Cheers,

Javier
Previous Topic: Updater package
Next Topic: Squirrel - the programming language
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:39:47 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01236 seconds