Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » About "edit" function on the forum (to change own messages)
About "edit" function on the forum (to change own messages) [message #34379] Sat, 19 November 2011 15:10 Go to next message
Sender Ghost is currently offline  Sender Ghost

Do you want the capability to change own messages on the forum (without time restrictions)?[ 8 votes ]
1. Yes 4 / 50%
2. No 4 / 50%

Hello.

As many have noticed, it is not possible to change own messages on the forum after some period of time (2 hours, if I'm right).
In my opinion, this is ok, in the "ideal world", where message writer already know what (s)he writes with prediction on the future changes.
But, also in my opinion, this is not ok, in the real (actually, virtual) world, where message writer wanted to change the message after some period of time, e.g. replace/update/delete unneeded files, add/remove/organize information, fix spelling errors, etc.

Before migration, it was possible to change own messages.
This is particularly useful for Bazaar section on the forum, where topic writer could update first message of the topic with new version of packages (also, this saved forum space in some case).

I suggest to return such capability to the users of the forum, may be, for concrete sections on the forum (Bazaar, among others).

What do you think?

Edit: Fixed links.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 June 2018 20:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About "edit" function on the forum (to change own messages) [message #34404 is a reply to message #34379] Sun, 20 November 2011 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
OK, tried to make it unnrestricted. Hope it works..
Re: About "edit" function on the forum (to change own messages) [message #34406 is a reply to message #34404] Sun, 20 November 2011 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sender Ghost is currently offline  Sender Ghost
mirek wrote on Sun, 20 November 2011 20:18

OK, tried to make it unrestricted. Hope it works..

It works. Thanks, Mirek.

Even though the poll results are equal (3/3), for now.
Hope, the users will take this with responsibility.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 November 2011 21:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About "edit" function on the forum (to change own messages) [message #34412 is a reply to message #34379] Mon, 21 November 2011 07:48 Go to previous message
Wolfgang is currently offline  Wolfgang
Experienced Member
Hi there,

I think the possibility only should be enabled for special sections and NOT for all sections because usually a thread starts and, if someone is interessted in it, he reads from beginning to end and then he just notice to new replys. If everyone can change his previous posts it would really get difficult to follow a thread (it would be really time consuming).

Because of that I voted for for "no" even though I mean "just for special sections". There are to few options..

.. just my two cents!
Previous Topic: Rss feed behavior changed recently
Next Topic: $uppweb$contribweb$de-de [german]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:15:44 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02204 seconds