Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » Nightly builds
Nightly builds [message #35286] Sat, 28 January 2012 19:31 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Something has gone bad with googlecode upload system. After a couple of days trying, I am now working on integration of nightly builds to webserver. Please stay tuned...

Mirek
Re: Nightly builds [message #35304 is a reply to message #35286] Mon, 30 January 2012 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
It is not much fancy (feel free to improve), but it is there:

http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$nightly$en-us.html
Re: Nightly builds [message #35306 is a reply to message #35304] Mon, 30 January 2012 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

mirek wrote on Mon, 30 January 2012 13:51

Cool... I think the newest nightly should be linked directly to some colorful "Download here" button in Download page, but it is easy to add later. And when we are at it we should add a button for latest stable release as well Smile

Now, what is the status of this? Is it just a temporary solution, until google code starts working again or is it to stay? I know there is not much downloads of nightly builds, but is it save in the long term to add links to ultimatepp.org/download to packages etc.?

On related note, would the server be capable of building and serving .debs? The ubuntu flavors are covered well by the launchpad build farm, but if it was possible we could produce Debian packages as well, quite easily (98% of the code is already in lpbuild2).

Honza
Re: Nightly builds [message #35307 is a reply to message #35306] Mon, 30 January 2012 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
dolik.rce wrote on Mon, 30 January 2012 08:25

mirek wrote on Mon, 30 January 2012 13:51

Cool... I think the newest nightly should be linked directly to some colorful "Download here" button in Download page, but it is easy to add later. And when we are at it we should add a button for latest stable release as well Smile

Now, what is the status of this? Is it just a temporary solution, until google code starts working again or is it to stay?

I believe that moving to ultimatepp.org is permanent; but I plan complete refactor of website in Skylark - then we might even have some download numbers... and perhaps some anti-DoS measures.

Quote:

On related note, would the server be capable of building and serving .debs? The ubuntu flavors are covered well by the launchpad build farm, but if it was possible we could produce Debian packages as well, quite easily (98% of the code is already in lpbuild2).

Honza

I think we can move into this direction. After all, if current virtual machine is not enough for the job, we can go to real HW with increased bandwidth.

Mirek
Re: Nightly builds [message #35308 is a reply to message #35307] Mon, 30 January 2012 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Great, I'll keep that in mind while redesigning the packaging. The resources should not be problem, as long as it can compile theide the packages can be built. I test it on Intel Core2 Duo P8600 @ 2.40GHz, with only 2GB of RAM. The bandwidth can be a problem, if we suddenly get popular Very Happy but that should be easy to upgrade as you said... Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the new Skylark web with all the new possibilities Smile

Honza
Re: Nightly builds [message #35312 is a reply to message #35308] Mon, 30 January 2012 17:54 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
dolik.rce wrote on Mon, 30 January 2012 09:13

Great, I'll keep that in mind while redesigning the packaging. The resources should not be problem, as long as it can compile theide the packages can be built. I test it on Intel Core2 Duo P8600 @ 2.40GHz, with only 2GB of RAM. The bandwidth can be a problem, if we suddenly get popular Very Happy but that should be easy to upgrade as you said... Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the new Skylark web with all the new possibilities Smile

Honza

Actually.. building and packaging of nightly builds is still performed on my basement office machine and only uploaded to website.. but I see no problem doing that for lpbuild.
Previous Topic: [translation][german] bazaar_submission$de-de
Next Topic: where are the nice forum topic addresses?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:44:53 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00812 seconds