Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » U++ TheIde compiles and runs on pure Cocoa (video) 85% of U++ port done. 2months+-1 left, ifs...
U++ TheIde compiles and runs on pure Cocoa (video) 85% of U++ port done. 2months+-1 left, ifs... [message #35618] Wed, 07 March 2012 02:11 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Hi, all. Maybe this time that's a little bit more than a starter?..
see video

Major things left to do:
1.better clipping esp from RichText
2.better font management and glyphs
3.mouse over images (premultiply?)
4.more clipboard formats
5.finish menus
6.dnd
7.multi-threading
8.printing
9.cleaning and some known bugs
10.things I forgot to mention above

I estimate 1 week of work for each. So approx. 10 weeks.
Reasonably useable level is possible (but not likely) in 1 month with my effort and some consultations from U++ experts. Because I am stuck on some things from U++ side. Also there're BIG IFS - if I have a luxury to have that time AND my iMac would crash less than 15 times per day (due to faulty not replaceable video card).
(to be continued...)

Re: U++ TheIde compiles and runs on pure Cocoa (video) 85% of U++ port done. 2months+-1 left, ifs... [message #35620 is a reply to message #35618] Wed, 07 March 2012 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Now this looks very promising. Perhaps we can dedicate next release to Mac...

Do you commit these things somewhere? Like sandbox?

fudadmin wrote on Tue, 06 March 2012 20:11

Major things left to do:
1.better clipping esp from RichText
2.better font management and glyphs
3.mouse over images (premultiply?)
4.more clipboard formats
5.finish menus
6.dnd
7.multi-threading
8.printing
9.cleaning and some known bugs
10.things I forgot to mention above

11. Chameleon for MacOSX. We do not want to look U++ apps like winxp, right?

Mirek
Re: U++ TheIde compiles and runs on pure Cocoa (video) 85% of U++ port done. 2months+-1 left, ifs... [message #35621 is a reply to message #35620] Wed, 07 March 2012 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Great job. Congratulations!

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: U++ TheIde compiles and runs on pure Cocoa (video) 85% of U++ port done. 2months+-1 left, ifs... [message #35625 is a reply to message #35618] Wed, 07 March 2012 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Very impressive! Keep up the good job!

I do not have a Mac yet, but maybe I'll get one in the not-so-distant future...

Best regards,

Tom
Re: U++ TheIde compiles and runs on pure Cocoa (video) 85% of U++ port done. 2months+-1 left, ifs... [message #35629 is a reply to message #35625] Thu, 08 March 2012 03:17 Go to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Mirek, Koldo and Tom! thanks for your kind and encouraging words! I really hope that u++ mac os x cocoa port will make a big difference in u++ marketing arena and will help u++ one day to win against std, boost, QT and the likes which I dont want to mention Smile - one of the reasons why I have dedicated so much of my life to u++. I also hope that the experience and code I have accumulated since 2005 finally will start finding its way to the u++ sources.

Now about committing and making my upp cocoa lines into the nearest u++ release.
Mirek,
1. the last time I tried to commit to your server after 3 days I lost my patience - I suspect I would need to steal some of your valuable time at some point and spend together if you don't mind. Maybe we can arrange via PM?
2. I also expect that to apply 1 line patch to the Core will take less than 45 days as it happened with "IsNan"? Some of my friends in London whom I tried to involve into the development were not impressed and found other areas of interest.
Previous Topic: after rev3936 - Minimum things to compile and/or run ide/uppsrc under OSX11
Next Topic: changes needed in Upp <Core> to run cocoa properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:12:02 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01407 seconds