Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » dBase Memo field
dBase Memo field [message #35758] Sat, 17 March 2012 10:57 Go to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
I have a project where my code have to create and write a DBF file with memo fields (DBT files) for a legacy application.

Is there a way in U++ to do this, or I have to use some other library?
Re: dBase Memo field [message #35759 is a reply to message #35758] Sat, 17 March 2012 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
Check out: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdb
It's quite old but I have been using it, a few years ago, and it worked really good.
Re: dBase Memo field [message #35760 is a reply to message #35759] Sat, 17 March 2012 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Thanks, seems to be useful. The only problem that I did't mention before is the license (LGPL). I have to create a statically linked exe, so a BSD like license would be appropriate.
Re: dBase Memo field [message #35865 is a reply to message #35760] Thu, 29 March 2012 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
zsolt wrote on Sat, 17 March 2012 14:54

Thanks, seems to be useful. The only problem that I did't mention before is the license (LGPL). I have to create a statically linked exe, so a BSD like license would be appropriate.

plugin/dbf seem to support memo reading, unfortunately, it seems like write is not there...
Re: dBase Memo field [message #35869 is a reply to message #35865] Thu, 29 March 2012 16:22 Go to previous message
Contributor
Yes, write is missing. I did not start the work yet, but it seems, I have to implement this somehow.

I found a doc here.
Previous Topic: Uniq blocking with multiple users logged into same machine
Next Topic: Printing to 2 different printers without dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:13:50 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01634 seconds