Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » cool ... Firebird!
cool ... Firebird! [message #36039] Sat, 21 April 2012 02:16 Go to next message
mtdew3q is currently offline  mtdew3q
Experienced Member

hi Novo-

I am very excited to check out the Firebird driver. I have kept an eye out from time to time to see if it would appear. I tell the people at work about Firebird. I recently did a report and used Helen Borrie's "The Firebird Book" in the sql editor in MS Access.

Did you know Helen is going to put out a book called "The Firebird Book second edition which will cover 2.5? I have the older one plus pdfs for 2.1.

I will tell my boss about this exciting development.

Firebird is now more in vogue because dBase is making a comeback. dBase will have more customers using FireBird through ADO.

Oh... one last thing.. the link is broken in the bazaar.

Thanks,
jim
Re: cool ... Firebird! [message #36043 is a reply to message #36039] Sat, 21 April 2012 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Link should be fixed now ...

Regards,
Novo
Re: cool ... Firebird! [message #36046 is a reply to message #36043] Sat, 21 April 2012 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Hi Novo-

Sorry, but the link still appears to be broken. If you click on the hyper-link that says Firebird "Functions4u" appears instead. I tried the link in a different browser too.

thanks,
mtdew3q
Re: cool ... Firebird! [message #36050 is a reply to message #36046] Sat, 21 April 2012 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
I changed uppbox/uppweb/www.tpp/bazaar$en-us.tppi. I guess we need to wait till web-site gets updated by a script.

Regards,
Novo
Re: cool ... Firebird! [message #36064 is a reply to message #36050] Mon, 23 April 2012 01:38 Go to previous message
Experienced Member

Hi Novo-

I really like the sample code from the forum. It looks very RAD.
I can't wait to check it out.

Sorry I bothered you about the link. I thought the link was how it was downloaded and then after you fixed it, I read the whole bazaar is included with the IDE. Embarassed

thanks,
mtdew3q
Previous Topic: Form class question
Next Topic: Functions4U
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:38:12 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01300 seconds