Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Testers wanted for new .deb packages
Re: Testers wanted for new .deb packages [message #35891 is a reply to message #35889] Sat, 31 March 2012 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Lance wrote on Sat, 31 March 2012 15:28

There are package conflicts that I don't know how to fix.
Hi Lance,
That doesn't error even doesn't look like an error, the versions appear correct to me... Anyway, I still haven't manage to force launchpad to build the package with the debugging symbols, it still strips it away, rendering it useless for debugging. And by the way, you have the sources for theide, you'd just need to tell gdb where to look. It should work if you just type in command "directory /usr/share/upp/uppsrc" or something like that.

I'll let you know as soon as I convince launchpad to build the packages the way we need Wink

Thanks for all the help,
Honza
Re: Testers wanted for new .deb packages [message #35892 is a reply to message #35891] Sat, 31 March 2012 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lance is currently offline  Lance
Contributor
Hi Honza:

You're very welcome! It's a very rewarding learning experience for me, so please don't hesitate to ask me if you think I could be of any help.

Thanks,
Lance
Re: Testers wanted for new .deb packages [message #35901 is a reply to message #35892] Sun, 01 April 2012 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi Honza,

It turned out custom build step: post-link step does not get $(OUTPATH) parameter at all. It used to work at least with 4193.

Also, the 4730-oneiric-i386 still seems to have the package manager crash.

Best regards,

Tom
Re: Testers wanted for new .deb packages [message #35907 is a reply to message #35788] Mon, 02 April 2012 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Finally, I have managed to properly build the package with theide debug symbols. It took me two days and 11 tries to notice that "-Wl,-s" that cause the symbols being stripped when linking Smile

So anyone willing to debug theide from the testing repository can now install pacakge theide-dbg in version >=4730-11dbg~oneiric0. After that, running "gdb theide" should automatically pick up the symbols located in /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/theide. If you want to make gdb also show source, just execute e.g. "directory /usr/share/upp/uppsrc/Core" in gdb prompt to let it access Core sources.

Now I'll finally try to have a look at the invalid memory access.

Honza

[Updated on: Mon, 02 April 2012 10:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Testers wanted for new .deb packages [message #35908 is a reply to message #35788] Mon, 02 April 2012 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Ok, so it seems to be a problem in the new refactored Value. The problem only shows when theide is compiled with the SVO_VALUE flag.

One interesting thing is that it only happens on clean installation. Once I compile the non-SVO_VALUE theide and open package organizer in it, it suddenly works in the SVO_VALUE-enabled version too. I believe it is related to (de)serializing an empty value.

Stack backtrace for reference:
Upp::Value::Serialize (this=0xbffdeb14, s=...) at /home/ubuntu/upp/uppsrc/Core/Value.cpp:292
Upp::operator%<Upp::Value> (s=..., x=...) at /home/ubuntu/upp/uppsrc/Core/Stream.h:608
Upp::Ctrl::Serialize (this=0xbffdf2fc, s=...) at /home/ubuntu/upp/uppsrc/CtrlCore/Ctrl.cpp:231
Upp::operator%<UppList> (s=..., x=...) at /home/ubuntu/upp/uppsrc/Core/Stream.h:608
PackageEditor::Serialize (this=0xbffdecac, s=...) at /home/ubuntu/upp/uppsrc/ide/UppDlg.cpp:512
EditPackages (main=0xbffe4d8c "ide", startwith=0xbffe3054 "ide", cfg=...) at /home/ubuntu/upp/uppsrc/ide/UppDlg.cpp:604
Ide::EditWorkspace (this=0xbffe3fbc) at /home/ubuntu/upp/uppsrc/ide/ide.cpp:199

Honza
Re: Testers wanted for new .deb packages [message #35909 is a reply to message #35908] Mon, 02 April 2012 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Great!

I haven't been having a usable theide in Ubuntu for quite a while.

I don't know how to use gdb command line tool, so sorry I can not do much here.
Re: Testers wanted for new .deb packages [message #35938 is a reply to message #35908] Fri, 06 April 2012 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Well done Honza, It seems package manager is back in action in the fresh 4748-oneiric-i386 deb build.

Unfortunately, the $(OUTPATH) parameter is still not passed to the post-link step declared in Custom build steps... however $(PATH) seems to get there with expected contents. (Where can I find the syntax of this custom build step language?)

Anyway, everything I tried is there now.

Thanks and best regards,

Tom
Re: Testers wanted for new .deb packages [message #35939 is a reply to message #35938] Fri, 06 April 2012 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Tom1 wrote on Fri, 06 April 2012 22:03

Well done Honza, It seems package manager is back in action in the fresh 4748-oneiric-i386 deb build.

Unfortunately, the $(OUTPATH) parameter is still not passed to the post-link step declared in Custom build steps... however $(PATH) seems to get there with expected contents. (Where can I find the syntax of this custom build step language?)

Anyway, everything I tried is there now.

Thanks and best regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I'm glad you noticed the new version Smile I did not test it yet, but I believe the bug crashing package organizer should be gone (I deactivated the SVO_VALUE flag for now).

I don't think there is any documentation on the variables in custom build steps. The best place I can point you to is the source: uppsrc/ide/Builders/CppBuilder.cpp:242 or to the pop-up menu in the custom build step dialog, where all variables are described. By looking at the code, I see there's no such variable as OUTPATH. I guess you want to probably use OUTDIR...

By the way, did you try if this new version still has that annoying bug when theide stays in debug even after the debugged program is terminated?

Thanks for your testing,
Honza
Re: Testers wanted for new .deb packages [message #35940 is a reply to message #35939] Sat, 07 April 2012 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

Now I tested the debugging thing, but ide still remains in debugging mode after the debugged program has finished. Shift-F5 is required to get out of debugging mode.

--

As for the OUTPATH, it works in 4193 and gives the full path including filename to the output executable file. As it seems now, PATH gives this same thing and OUTPATH gives nothing... I guess it just has changed since 4193. (The resulting executable filename with full path is the one I need. and it is called PATH now.)

Best regards,

Tom
Re: Testers wanted for new .deb packages [message #36014 is a reply to message #35908] Thu, 19 April 2012 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
dolik.rce wrote on Mon, 02 April 2012 05:36

Ok, so it seems to be a problem in the new refactored Value. The problem only shows when theide is compiled with the SVO_VALUE flag.

One interesting thing is that it only happens on clean installation. Once I compile the non-SVO_VALUE theide and open package organizer in it, it suddenly works in the SVO_VALUE-enabled version too. I believe it is related to (de)serializing an empty value.

Stack backtrace for reference:
Upp::Value::Serialize (this=0xbffdeb14, s=...) at /home/ubuntu/upp/uppsrc/Core/Value.cpp:292

I might have found a culprit, can you check now?

Mirek
Re: Testers wanted for new .deb packages [message #36041 is a reply to message #36014] Sat, 21 April 2012 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Works great except the remaining-in-debug-mode-after-program-exit problem.

Some minor issues I encountered when trying to compile and run a project I developed in Windows(MSC) on Ubuntu(g++ 4.6) - might not have anything to do with theide/upp at all.

1. FullScreen sample doesn't run properly in Ubuntu (session type) but fine in Ubuntu 2D (session type);

2. FullScreen different behaviour in multiple main window situation. In Windows, if I uncomment the OpenMain() sentence, it will cause the program to fail (assertion failure? don't quite remember) in debug mode.
static FullScreenPos& Get()
{
	if(!pInst)
	{
		pInst=new FullScreenPos;
		pInst->FullScreen();
		//pInst->OpenMain();
	}
	return *pInst;
}

But if in Linux, the window will not show if I don't uncomment the sentence.

3. In Ubuntu (session type), this problem doesn't exists, but in Ubuntu 2D (session type, I switched to it because full screen works properly under it), when I do something like this:
GUI_APP_MAIN
{
         // code in this block causes problem in Ubuntu 2D
         // LoginDlg is a simple window derived from TopWindow
         // for user authentication
	{
		LoginDlg dlg;
		dlg.Run();
		if(!dlg.OK())
			return;
		gTitle=dlg.userconf.GetValue();
	}

ShowMainWindow();	

Ctrl::RegisterSystemHotKey(K_F2, callback(ShowFullScreenPos));
	Ctrl::RegisterSystemHotKey(K_F3, callback(ShowMainWindow));

Ctrl::EventLoop();
}

The problem is that after the login dialog (which accepts keyboard input fine), keyboard events have absolutely no effects on the windows opened afterwards. Mouse inputs are not affected. There is one occurrence that this problem appears to be gone. But after I changed something and run again, it comes back again, consistently and persistently.

Sorry if these are off topic.
Re: Testers wanted for new .deb packages [message #36042 is a reply to message #36041] Sat, 21 April 2012 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Update: somehow above-mentioned problem 3 is gone again. No real change to code.

But may I please report another problem. The program now compiles and runs perfect in GCC Debug, but when I try to do it in GCC Speed, I got the following link error:
Linking...
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6.1/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to symbol 'inflateInit2_
	'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'inflateInit2_' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6.1/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so so try addin
	g it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6.1/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

[Updated on: Sat, 21 April 2012 05:15]

Report message to a moderator

New Ubuntu nightly packages released [message #36282 is a reply to message #35788] Fri, 18 May 2012 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Hello all,

Starting from todays version 4965, the new (hopefully better Smile ) .deb packages are available in the upp-nightly PPA. The packages are build for the five latest versions: Lucid Lynx, Maverick Meerkat, Natty Narwhal, Oneiric Ocelot and Precise Pangolin.

As always, if you notice any weird behavior that might be related to the packaging, please let me know so I can check it and fix it.

Best regards,
Honza

PS: The testing repository (dolik-rce/uppnightly) that some of you might have used for testing was deleted. Please switch to upp-nightly.
Re: New Ubuntu nightly packages released [message #36290 is a reply to message #36282] Fri, 18 May 2012 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zbych is currently offline  Zbych
Hi,

I've installed just theide (wthout upp) on clean Ubuntu 12.04 and installer showed some errors:

Configuring build method GCC for g++
/var/lib/dpkg/info/theide.postinst: 22: /var/lib/dpkg/info/theide.postinst: cannot create /usr/share/upp/GCC.bm: Directory nonexistent
chmod: nie ma dostępu do `/usr/share/upp/GCC.bm': Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
Configuring build method GCC4.6 for g++-4.6
/var/lib/dpkg/info/theide.postinst: 22: /var/lib/dpkg/info/theide.postinst: cannot create /usr/share/upp/GCC4.6.bm: Directory nonexistent
chmod: nie ma dostępu do `/usr/share/upp/GCC4.6.bm': Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
ls: nie ma dostępu do /usr/share/upp/*.bm: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
/var/lib/dpkg/info/theide.postinst: 22: /var/lib/dpkg/info/theide.postinst: cannot create /usr/share/upp/GCC.bm: Directory nonexistent
dpkg: błąd przetwarzania theide (--configure):
 podproces zainstalowany skrypt post-installation zwrócił kod błędu 2
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

errors:
nie ma dostępu do... - no access to...
Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu - no such file or directory
skrypt post-installation zwrócił kod błędu 2 - post-installation script returned an error code 2
Re: New Ubuntu nightly packages released [message #36291 is a reply to message #36290] Fri, 18 May 2012 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Zbych wrote on Fri, 18 May 2012 13:07

Hi,

I've installed just theide (wthout upp) on clean Ubuntu 12.04 and installer showed some errors:

chmod: nie ma dostępu do `/usr/share/upp/GCC.bm': Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
Configuring build method GCC4.6 for g++-4.6
/var/lib/dpkg/info/theide.postinst: 22: /var/lib/dpkg/info/theide.postinst: cannot create /usr/share/upp/GCC4.6.bm: Directory nonexistent
chmod: nie ma dostępu do `/usr/share/upp/GCC4.6.bm': Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
ls: nie ma dostępu do /usr/share/upp/*.bm: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
dpkg: błąd przetwarzania theide (--configure):
 podproces zainstalowany skrypt post-installation zwrócił kod błędu 2
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

errors:
nie ma dostępu do... - no access to...
Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu - no such file or directory
skrypt post-installation zwrócił kod błędu 2 - post-installation script returned an error code 2

Good catch, thanks for reporting. It'll be fixed in tomorrows packages.

Honza
Re: New Ubuntu nightly packages released [message #38216 is a reply to message #36291] Fri, 07 December 2012 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
I haven't update upp in Ubuntu for a while. After a recent update, I notice all most all problems reported before are gone:
1. Now I can build gcc optimized;
2. Fullscreen back to normal;
3. Not-responding-to-keyboard problem also fixed;

Only problem remained is the remain-in-debug-mode-after-program-end problem.

Thank you, Honza!
Lance
Re: New Ubuntu nightly packages released [message #38218 is a reply to message #38216] Fri, 07 December 2012 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Lance wrote on Fri, 07 December 2012 05:00

I haven't update upp in Ubuntu for a while. After a recent update, I notice all most all problems reported before are gone:
1. Now I can build gcc optimized;
2. Fullscreen back to normal;
3. Not-responding-to-keyboard problem also fixed;

U++ is getting better everyday as the code is continually improved. It has really nothing to do with the packaging Wink

Lance wrote on Fri, 07 December 2012 05:00

Only problem remained is the remain-in-debug-mode-after-program-end problem.

Which debugging interface do you use, legacy or the new GDB_MI2? You can find this in Setup->Environment->IDE.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: New Ubuntu nightly packages released [message #38252 is a reply to message #38218] Sat, 08 December 2012 00:36 Go to previous message
Contributor
Hi Honza:

Thanks for the reply. It was "legacy", and I changed to "GDB_MIi2(new)" and it works like a charm. Glad I mentioned it. I wouldn't otherwise know there is such an option.

Good to see U++ getting better by day!

Lance
Previous Topic: PdfDraw font handling refactored
Next Topic: SQL refactored, adding per-thread option, added second SQLR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:52:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01517 seconds