Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Can I cross compile to ARM?
Can I cross compile to ARM? [message #36072] Tue, 24 April 2012 06:52 Go to next message
jerson is currently offline  jerson
Experienced Member

Hi

I've been using U++ for sometime now and GCC for embedded ARM development and have some questions related to these.

Since U++ is a cross platform GUI framework, can it be used to cross compile to an ARM cortex M0 platform? I believe the basic widgets are built in already and the GCC compiler can target ARM well.

I've been thinking of implementing a GUI for my embedded ARM project and have been considering using U++(due to familiarity) as the framework.

Is the framework tied to platform specific APIs that will be a hindrance in cross porting? Is it practical to cross port or will it be too much of a bother ?

Regards
Jerson

[Updated on: Tue, 24 April 2012 07:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can I cross compile to ARM? [message #36073 is a reply to message #36072] Tue, 24 April 2012 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zbych is currently offline  Zbych
jerson wrote on Tue, 24 April 2012 06:52

Since U++ is a cross platform GUI framework, can it be used to cross compile to an ARM cortex M0 platform?

M0? M0 micros have usually up to 32kB of flash and a few kB of RAM. Forget about it. Even M3 or M4 with 192kB of internal RAM is to small. You would need external RAM.

Re: Can I cross compile to ARM? [message #36074 is a reply to message #36072] Tue, 24 April 2012 08:47 Go to previous message
jerson is currently offline  jerson
Experienced Member

Thanks for the clarification.

I was tempted to ask because of this thread.
http://www.seeedstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23 62&hilit=gui

This person has created a complete GUI ( you can see the code here http://pub.valky.eu/ds203ui_preview2.zip) using VS 2000 C++.

Looking at the code, I feel it is autogenerated for the stm32 CM3 processor. I have asked the author how he did this and awaiting his reply.

Regards
Jerson

[Updated on: Tue, 24 April 2012 09:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to stop SetTimeCallback
Next Topic: How to Drad & Drop individual cell in ArrayCtrl..??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:22:40 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01938 seconds