Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Problem with linking against HexView on Linux
Problem with linking against HexView on Linux [message #36565] Sat, 09 June 2012 22:32 Go to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
I met a strange problem linking against HexView on Linux. Linker is complaining about undefined references in all configurations. In case of BLITZ I couldn't see BLITZ-related part. In case of non-BLITZ configurations I can see linking against HexView.a, but this still results into undefined references.

I do not have such problem in Windows.

Any idea what can be wrong in this case?

Upp rev. 5046 (latest)

TIA

Regards,
Novo

[Updated on: Sun, 10 June 2012 20:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with linking against HexView on Linux [message #36586 is a reply to message #36565] Mon, 11 June 2012 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hi Novo,

I have no experience with HexView but I have a silly idea: did you check that the source files did not contain OS-specific code that coukd explain all is linking correctly under Windows and not under Linux.

Regarding blitz, I know that I have to configure specifically my project unchecking Core, ide/Core to be able to compile correctly. If not, I get linker errors messages using MSC9 or MSC10.

Regards
Biobytes
Re: Problem with linking against HexView on Linux [message #36592 is a reply to message #36586] Thu, 14 June 2012 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Nop, my code doesn't have any OS-specific defines. I attached a project.

I do not understand why HexView is not listed as a project when I'm viewing the uppsrc nest, although it is listed when I'm adding a new package to a project.

It looks like I'm missing something.
  • Attachment: gex.zip
    (Size: 1.59KB, Downloaded 261 times)

Regards,
Novo
icon7.gif  Re: Problem with linking against HexView on Linux [message #36594 is a reply to message #36592] Thu, 14 June 2012 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hello Novo,

I tried your code and all is compiling perfectly using either MSC9 or MSC10 (debug mode, unchecking blitz for Core lib).

I noted that the HexView.cpp file is specific for Win32 platform (#ifdef PLATFORM_WIN32). It could be a problem under Linux. Perhaps I"m wrong but it should be considered.

Biobytes
Re: Problem with linking against HexView on Linux [message #36596 is a reply to message #36594] Fri, 15 June 2012 06:34 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
Thank you for pointing out! I didn't expect such kind of problems from UPP ...

Regards,
Novo
Previous Topic: Source files are moved to <temp-aux> during debugging under BSD
Next Topic: Compiling issue with U++ 5010
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:21:25 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01277 seconds