Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Raspberry (Raspbian) - ARM 6 Core + Ultimate++?
Re: Raspberry (Raspbian) - ARM 6 Core + Ultimate++? [message #37195 is a reply to message #37194] Tue, 04 September 2012 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
What might be interesting is compiling examples/UWord for Pi and see how it performs...

Mirek
Re: Raspberry (Raspbian) - ARM 6 Core + Ultimate++? [message #37196 is a reply to message #37195] Tue, 04 September 2012 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zbych is currently offline  Zbych
X-server on RP uses fbuff driver and there is no hardware acceleration. Web browser page scrolling takes about a second or two. I guess that UWord will not perform to well either.
Only hope for fast graphics on RP is openGL ES lib (without x-server).

BTW I tried to compile UWord in TheIde on RP, but there wasn't enough RAM to finish compilation. Maybe I will try umk.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 September 2012 18:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Raspberry (Raspbian) - ARM 6 Core + Ultimate++? [message #37814 is a reply to message #36976] Wed, 14 November 2012 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NilaT is currently offline  NilaT
Hello and sorry for digging out this old thread again but I have some issues installing Upp on my Pi (512 MB RAM model B)

I downloaded the latest source and followed the instructions from page 1, but when I run make, I get an error which I don't understand.

It tells me:
CtrlCore/ImageX11.cpp:252:2: error: stray '@' in program
as you can see in this picture: http://db.tt/IL3qlFVB

I opend ImageX11.cpp as root with nano and looked at line 252, but theres no @, as you can see here: http://db.tt/9yyjt5b4

Sorry for the bad pic quality, I made them with my mobile phone. Don't know how to make screenshots on the pi yet.

I just did a quick google search and found something that says the compiler don't understand a character. I choose utf8 as I setted up the pi, is that a possible error?

Or can you guys give me a bump?

Thanks in advance Wink
Re: Raspberry (Raspbian) - ARM 6 Core + Ultimate++? [message #37816 is a reply to message #37814] Wed, 14 November 2012 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

NilaT wrote on Wed, 14 November 2012 21:11

I downloaded the latest source and followed the instructions from page 1, but when I run make, I get an error which I don't understand.

It tells me:
CtrlCore/ImageX11.cpp:252:2: error: stray '@' in program

Hi NilaT,

You just had a bad luck in picking the nightly source Smile Someone forgot a debug macro in source, which is in release mode defined as '@' (so that it is easy to notice - though it seems that nobody ever does Smile ). It is already fixed, just grab a newer package tomorrow (or older, if you don't want to wait).

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Raspberry (Raspbian) - ARM 6 Core + Ultimate++? [message #37831 is a reply to message #36976] Fri, 16 November 2012 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NilaT is currently offline  NilaT
Good morning,

and thank you very much again, dolik.rce.
I downloaded the new nightly build yesterday and compiled it.

It took damn long but it succeeded.
So from now on, upp is running on my pi.
It's not very fast though. Sad

Thanks again for the help!
Re: Raspberry (Raspbian) - ARM 6 Core + Ultimate++? [message #37926 is a reply to message #36976] Fri, 23 November 2012 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang is currently offline  Wolfgang
Experienced Member
Hi again,

after long time of abstinence i'm try do something with my raspberry Very Happy

Can some1 tell me how to build a cross compile toolchain with to compile an application written with upp for the raspberry ARM?
Re: Raspberry (Raspbian) - ARM 6 Core + Ultimate++? [message #37955 is a reply to message #37926] Sat, 24 November 2012 20:21 Go to previous message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi wolfgang,

if you have U++ running on the Raspberry PI the half of the work is done : you all the bibs and the includes that you need to compile apps for the Raspberry PI.

Here is what I did to make a cross compile environment for the gumstix (ARM cortex-A8).

1 - Make a copy of /usr/lib and /usr/include from the Raspberry PI to you're computer ==> this is the easiest way to get all the compatible libs and includes.

2 - Compile a GCC suite for the ARM11
To do this I used open-embedded environnement. But you can try this
http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/1/how-do-i-bu ild-a-gcc-4-7-toolchain-for-cross-compiling

3 - You need a correct U++ Build Method (xxx.BM files)
I have attached the one I use to cross compile towards cortex-A8
The important things to notice are :
  • gcc name ( arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++ in my case )
  • --sysroot=PATH_TO_COPIED_USR options added to compiler and linker (to tell gcc to use the wright libs)
  • path to the gcc bins directly set
  • -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon : options for cortex-A8
  • remove SSE2 form the default options (SSE2 is not part of ARM instructions set)

4 - Report the corrections made to Upp code (/Core/Config.h) : add __arm__

5 - Some Upp pitfalls/bugs on ARM to be aware of :
MT does not work : apps get stuck in infinite loop on start ==> I didn't have time to look into it

This should help you start up quickly

[Updated on: Sat, 24 November 2012 20:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Is it possible to embed a Skylark app in a normal U++ GUI app?
Next Topic: How do you create this?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:24:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01341 seconds