Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Is Skylark already working with Mingw?
Is Skylark already working with Mingw? [message #38898] Sat, 26 January 2013 13:49 Go to next message
lectus is currently offline  lectus
I did a clean install of Windows and I don't feel like installing the huge Visual Studio just for Skylark.

Mingw is much much more compact.

Thanks
Re: Is Skylark already working with Mingw? [message #38910 is a reply to message #38898] Sun, 27 January 2013 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
lectus wrote on Sat, 26 January 2013 07:49

I did a clean install of Windows and I don't feel like installing the huge Visual Studio just for Skylark.

Mingw is much much more compact.

Thanks

You do not need Visual Studion. Just install Windows SDK...
Re: Is Skylark already working with Mingw? [message #38911 is a reply to message #38910] Sun, 27 January 2013 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
OK, my official stance on Mingw:

gcc is a good compiler, but I do not see much sense in using mingw in Win32, when Microsoft compiler is free, compiles faster, result is half in size and about as good in speed and when MSC++ is much better integrated with Windows.

Supporting mingw takes too much time for me, because it has a lot of win32 integration problems. Thus: I am not deleting "COMPILER_MINGW" from U++ sources, but I am not going to actively fix any issues w.r.t. Mingw myself. I am however willing to apply any patches submitted.

Mirek
Re: Is Skylark already working with Mingw? [message #38921 is a reply to message #38898] Sun, 27 January 2013 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lectus is currently offline  lectus
Hmm... I thought the required effort for Mingw was about the same as GCC on Linux.

BTW, which components do I need to select on the Windows SDK installer to get a MINIMUM environment for U++? (like no .NET crap)
Re: Is Skylark already working with Mingw? [message #38923 is a reply to message #38921] Sun, 27 January 2013 20:39 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
lectus wrote on Sun, 27 January 2013 14:29

BTW, which components do I need to select on the Windows SDK installer to get a MINIMUM environment for U++? (like no .NET crap)

If you install U++ in Win32, you even get a nice screenshot during installation process showing what to select.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Cinnamon desktop broken with theide
Next Topic: New containers - naming
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:58:10 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01808 seconds