FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Scatter-demo crash
Scatter-demo crash [message #39189] Mon, 25 February 2013 17:55 Go to next message
ManfredHerr is currently offline  ManfredHerr
I downloaded and installed Ultimate++ Rev. 5485 on Ubuntu 12.04.

When testing Scatter-Demo tab "Operations" I can reproduce a crash by:
- Adding some series (ca. 4 to 5)
- Remove first series
- Remove last series
==> Fatal error: Invalid memory access

BTW, according to the print preview the scatter plots do not fit on a page. They are cropped on the right side. A second page with the missing part does not exist. Is it possible to change the print preview to landscape?
Re: Scatter-demo crash [message #39198 is a reply to message #39189] Wed, 27 February 2013 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello ManfredHerr

Please include a compressed file with all the package to reproduce the error.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 February 2013 00:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Scatter-demo crash [message #39205 is a reply to message #39198] Wed, 27 February 2013 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Koldo,

I cannot imagine that you have problems reproducing the error. I did not do any changes to the published packages. Just select the package ScatterCtrl_Demo with "theide" in examples, build and run (F5).

The effect also appears with VC2010 express as build engine on WINDOWS 8. Here, the error shows up as "Exception: C000041D at 016D8D36."

BTW, the cropped printout is only then when you use painter. With draw it is correct.

MfG
Manfred
Re: Scatter-demo crash [message #39208 is a reply to message #39205] Thu, 28 February 2013 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello ManfredHerr

Thank you, you were right. I will upload the fix in the demo in a couple of days.

About the print preview, I do not understand. Both with Draw and Painter seem the same:

index.php?t=getfile&id=4070&private=0
  • Attachment: Printouts.png
    (Size: 35.42KB, Downloaded 334 times)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Scatter-demo crash [message #39213 is a reply to message #39208] Thu, 28 February 2013 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Koldo,
I apologize for blaming painter. The printout for painter and draw are the same indeed. And it is exactly what you see on the preview. But what you see on the preview is depending on the size of the scatter window. Only then when I use the minimum size (or standard)on windows (XP pro or Cool then I get the whole window in the report. On Windows XP home or Ubuntu a little part is missing even then. See attached PDF export.

If you want to see the effect at largest you maximize the scatter test window and request a print preview from there.

MfG
Manfred
  • Attachment: scatter.pdf
    (Size: 62.03KB, Downloaded 220 times)
Re: Scatter-demo crash [message #39219 is a reply to message #39213] Fri, 01 March 2013 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello ManfredHerr

Now I understand. ScatterCtrl_Demo it is just a simple demo and it copied the image on the page considering original Ctrl size. Now I have put this:
	Size pageSize = r.GetPageSize();
	r.DrawDrawing(0, 0, pageSize.cx, pageSize.cy/2, w);

This way the output is this:
index.php?t=getfile&id=4076&private=0
Please tell your opinion and propose any improvement Cool
  • Attachment: kk.jpg
    (Size: 20.52KB, Downloaded 332 times)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Scatter-demo crash [message #39221 is a reply to message #39219] Fri, 01 March 2013 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Koldo,

your solution is sufficient for a simple demo, I agree. But as you ask for my opinion and an improvement: If it is not too much work I would prefer to have the printouts in landscape (rotated by 90°). This maps to the aspect ratio of the scatter test window even better.

Greets
Manfred
Re: Scatter-demo crash [message #39225 is a reply to message #39221] Fri, 01 March 2013 23:36 Go to previous message
Senior Veteran
Ok. Uploaded.

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: does u++ not support C++ exception ???
Next Topic: Report and ReportView
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 17:59:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02463 seconds