Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » [Solved albeit ugly] Scrolling messes up GridCtrl in certain condition
[Solved albeit ugly] Scrolling messes up GridCtrl in certain condition [message #39211] Thu, 28 February 2013 13:06 Go to next message
Lance is currently offline  Lance
Contributor
See attached sample code.

Run the example, click "refresh" button to populate the GridCtrl. Drag the vertical scollbar and move down, the GridCtrl will be messed up.

Also, the sum row reports incorrect total. The last row in the GridCtrl is not counted. Click any column header to sort the GridCtrl, the correct sum will appear. Call UpdateSummary() manually after changing data will fix it. Not sure if this is required by design.

SaleInvoiceListTab::SaleInvoiceListTab()
{
	CtrlLayout(*this);
	refresh<<=THISBACK(RefreshReport);
	//RefreshReport();

// Note: uncomment above line will eliminate the Paint issue

}

Thanks,

Lance

[Updated on: Sat, 02 March 2013 00:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [GridCtrl] Scrolling messes up GridCtrl in certian condition [message #39226 is a reply to message #39211] Sat, 02 March 2013 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
A temporary fix for the above problem(In my case, open with populated grid is not practical):

remove the GridCtrl from its parent and add back after repopulation.

And also pay special attention to the aggregate functions of GridCtrl. Do a UpdateSummary() after repopulation since the very last row might be skipped.

Disclaimer: it might be because I don't know the proper (designed) way of using the Ctrl. E.g., months back I learned that programmatically changing column widths should be sandwiched in Ready(false) and Ready(true). Note in this case, I tried to do the same (sandwich data changes in Ready(...) calls) but to no avail.

----------------
PS: Remove & Add back will fix the incorrect summary issue.

I also tried Hide() - change - Show(), this way the problem remains. It seems some action taken when a GridCtrl is initially activated has not been synchronized properly by subsequent changes to the GridCtrl structure/data.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 March 2013 01:02]

Re: [GridCtrl] Scrolling messes up GridCtrl in certian condition [message #39227 is a reply to message #39226] Sat, 02 March 2013 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
The following code in GridCtrl.cpp tells us why reason==OPEN is so special as Init() is called within and everything is guaranteed to work well before further changes. Unfortunately Init() and the most or all the method it calls are private, so RemoveCtrl() and Add() is indeed the best thing we can do for now.

void GridCtrl::Init()
{
	bar.Set(WhenToolBar);
	UpdateCols(true);
	/* recalc_rows bo przed otworzeniem grida moglo zostac wywolane setrowheight */
	UpdateRows(resize_row_mode > 0 || recalc_rows);

UpdateSizes();
	UpdateSb();
	UpdateHolder(true);
	SyncSummary();
	SyncCtrls();
}

void GridCtrl::State(int reason)
{
	if(reason == OPEN)
	{
		Init();
		ready = true;
		//ready po init - updatesb wola layout() a ten syncctrl
		//(ktory w sumie wola sie 3 razy zanim grid sie wyswietli - niepotrzebnie)
	}

Re: [GridCtrl] Scrolling messes up GridCtrl in certian condition [message #39229 is a reply to message #39227] Sat, 02 March 2013 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Thank you for the test case and the diagnosis. I'm working on the fix.
Re: [GridCtrl] Scrolling messes up GridCtrl in certian condition [message #39231 is a reply to message #39229] Sat, 02 March 2013 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
You are very welcome!

And thank YOU for this powerful and popular control!

If only it supports external data and finer control (eg through callbacks/gates for customized sorting, etc) Smile

The control is so complicated that I cannot figure out a way to adapt it in those directions.
Re: [GridCtrl] Scrolling messes up GridCtrl in certian condition [message #39232 is a reply to message #39231] Sat, 02 March 2013 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Lance wrote on Sat, 02 March 2013 12:21

And thank YOU for this powerful and popular control!

My pleasure!. It's good to know it's useful for other people.
Quote:

If only it supports external data and finer control (eg through callbacks/gates for customized sorting, etc) Smile

Please describe in more details. Maybe some of those are easy to add.
Quote:

The control is so complicated that I cannot figure out a way to adapt it in those directions.

I know. It's even too complicated to me Smile Especially embedded controls part. Too many options mixed in one place. Not easy to extend. But that's my fault..
Few years ago I planned to create better (with code refactored) GridCtrl 2.0 that would also support grouping and "freely positioned columns" in a header as well as in a row. I know it sounds cryptic but I mean something similar to the grid from DevExpress. They can for example have one column under the other.
I started some work on it but it turned out to be quite complicated and I suspended the work. Maybe I'll get back to it maybe not Smile it simply depends on how many of my commercial apps will use u++ in a future. I really like native apps and I used to choose them over the web apps. But over the time browsers changed as well as html and my point of view changed too.
But I'm still using my control a lot in my existing applications and I'm open to add new features if they make sense. I will also try to finish grid's documentation because it's hard for the users to use all available functions if they are not aware of them Smile

Sorry for a long answer. In fact I wanted to let you know that bug is fixed and the code is in svn. Please check!

[Updated on: Sat, 02 March 2013 22:30]

Re: [GridCtrl] Scrolling messes up GridCtrl in certian condition [message #39236 is a reply to message #39232] Sun, 03 March 2013 02:03 Go to previous message
Contributor
Hi Daniel:

Thanks for the quick action.

Quote:

Quote:

Please describe in more details. Maybe some of those are easy to add.

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=358 78&#msg_35878

GridCtrl and even ArrayCtrl are complicated mostly because they have to be, I guess. I spent many hours on each of them but fail to understand either very well.

Again, thank you very much for time and effort contributed to U++ by you, Mirek, Dolik, Koldo, and many others.
Previous Topic: [maybe bug?] Removing last item in arrayctrl
Next Topic: GridCtrl and popup menu problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:50:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01654 seconds