Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » MyApps dir is in home dir under linux
MyApps dir is in home dir under linux [message #39666] Tue, 16 April 2013 11:01 Go to next message
bonami is currently offline  bonami
Experienced Member
I ran theide and did not see carefully the wizard.

I did not know where to put my own code. MyApps is not automatically created in home dir. and code cannot be under two layer of directories under it.
"Setup"->"Source Management"->"Next" shows it, though "Next" was not available for me till I switched options back and forth.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 April 2013 11:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MyApps dir is in home dir under linux [message #39672 is a reply to message #39666] Tue, 16 April 2013 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

bonami wrote on Tue, 16 April 2013 11:01

I ran theide and did not see carefully the wizard.

I did not know where to put my own code. MyApps is not automatically created in home dir. and code cannot be under two layer of directories under it.
"Setup"->"Source Management"->"Next" shows it, though "Next" was not available for me till I switched options back and forth.

Hi bonami!

There is definitely a bug in the mechanism... I'll look into it, sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards,
Honza

Re: MyApps dir is in home dir under linux [message #39687 is a reply to message #39666] Wed, 17 April 2013 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Hi bonami,

I inspected and tested the first run of theide severel times and I think there is nothing wrong with it. When theide starts and the wizard is dismissed by clicking on "Finish" (so accepting all the defaults), it creates all the usual assemblies (uppsrc, examples, bazaar, tutorial and MyApps). $HOME/.upp/theide is created to hold the configuration and sources are copied to $HOME/upp/. You are right, that the MyApps directory is not created initially, but that is not a problem. It is created when you create first package in the MyApps assembly.

I don't really understand the part "code cannot be under two layer of directories under it", what did you mean by that?

The only reason why "Next" can be hidden is when you select "Manual settings [experts only]". Could it be that you selected that when you run it first time? In this mode, it does nothing and expects the user to set up the source code directories, assemblies and other stuff manually.

Honza
Re: MyApps dir is in home dir under linux [message #39695 is a reply to message #39687] Thu, 18 April 2013 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
my code was under ~/MyApps/A/B/ and not detected.
Then I moved it to ~/MyApps/A and it works.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 April 2013 08:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MyApps dir is in home dir under linux [message #39699 is a reply to message #39695] Thu, 18 April 2013 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

bonami wrote on Thu, 18 April 2013 08:12

my code was under ~/MyApps/A/B/ and not detected.
Then I moved it to ~/MyApps/A and it works.

TheIDE detects the packages based on their .upp files. So to detect package A/B in MyApps assembly, there must be a file '~/MyApps/A/B/B.upp'. It shouldn't matter how deep in the hierarchy the package is. Could that explain why you didn't see it?

Honza
Re: MyApps dir is in home dir under linux [message #39708 is a reply to message #39699] Fri, 19 April 2013 05:19 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
of course my code containing .upp was in the deep directory.
but strange enough, the problem does not reproduce now.
so, please ignore this.
Previous Topic: compiler output messy code, how to solve??
Next Topic: Cannot open include file: 'windef.h'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:56:02 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04206 seconds