Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » app window too big to show on ubuntu
app window too big to show on ubuntu [message #39701] Thu, 18 April 2013 11:28 Go to next message
bonami is currently offline  bonami
Experienced Member
my code shows well on WinXP, which is 800 pix tall.
but it shows out of screen on ubuntu, which is 900 pix.
in TheIDE, the attached layout file cannot be shown in screen in full.
Why?
since my app needs other libs, better not to put them all here.
  • Attachment: ezcomm.lay
    (Size: 3.77KB, Downloaded 315 times)
Re: app window too big to show on ubuntu [message #39724 is a reply to message #39701] Sun, 21 April 2013 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
It is because the size of dialogs is adjusted by size of default GUI font. In POSIX it tends to be larger...
Re: app window too big to show on ubuntu [message #39741 is a reply to message #39724] Mon, 22 April 2013 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi Mirek,

Quote:

It is because the size of dialogs is adjusted by size of default GUI font. In POSIX it tends to be larger...

What exactly do you mean ??

When I make a dialog with 320*240 having a background image of size 320*240 I expect the dialog to STAY 320*240
Re: app window too big to show on ubuntu [message #40578 is a reply to message #39741] Sun, 18 August 2013 15:38 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Sorry for the late reply, so just for the sake completeness:

If you designed layout for some size and then forced it to be that size (which you actually CAN do by calling Ctrl::NoLayoutZoom), then if default GUI font is bigger then "design" font, some labels and text would overflow their's designated areas...

The solution might be to change the default GUI font, which you can do too, but then your app will not be following host platform settings...

Mirek
Previous Topic: TheIde and U++ apps don't look right under Ubuntu/Unity
Next Topic: Why does ChPaint(..,img,...) have different behaviour with DRAW / PAINTER
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:10:50 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01355 seconds