FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Program loses hover focus
Program loses hover focus [message #40085] Sun, 09 June 2013 15:24 Go to next message
tjerk is currently offline  tjerk
Promising Member
Hello all,

Over the past couple of years (don't worry, not fulltime Smile ) I have built a program with a lot of tabs, a lot of windows and even more functionality. The program focuses on keeping track of pupils, tests and generating plotter graphs and reports.

The program is maturing more and more and has already seen an alpha release to a small group of 25 users. I am currently fixing the first set of bugs and adding some feature requests. I could really use some help with one of the bugs!

During a certain procedure I remove tabs from a TabCtrl and add new ones (using layout files), after which normal procedures should resume. However, then I have lost hover focus on my controls and menus. I can click a DropList for example, but can not activate its options with the mouse. It is fixed as soon as I minimize the program and maximize it again.

Does this ring a bell with anyone: is there a function I should/could call after moving/adding the tabs which I am forgetting about?

If not, I will try to distill a small enough test case next week to put here.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 June 2013 15:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Program loses hover focus [message #40122 is a reply to message #40085] Sun, 16 June 2013 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tjerk is currently offline  tjerk
Promising Member
Before compressing the problem into a test case I tried some more things to fix it myself and the result is that the problem is now gone. Yay!

The removing and re-adding of tabs was triggered by a save button the standard way:

save <<= THISBACK(SaveData);

I replaced it with:

save.WhenPush = THISBACK(SaveData);

Does the standard way trigger the function on the initial push and does WhenPush trigger it after first releasing the mouse perhaps? Then I could understand my mouse cursor getting its focus stuck on it.

Anyway, the problem is gone and in retrospect I am happy that I still put my threads in Newbie corner Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 16 June 2013 10:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Program loses hover focus [message #40136 is a reply to message #40122] Tue, 18 June 2013 22:51 Go to previous message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hi,

This definitively proves that U++ is a smart development tool in which diving deep is worthy and amazing.

You find the solution to your problem by thinking of U++ features.

Happy coding Very Happy

Cheers

Biobytes
Previous Topic: Sqlite3 database
Next Topic: [SOLVED] How to make a Skylark app accessible from outside?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:33:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02352 seconds