Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » [SOLVED] How to make a Skylark app accessible from outside?
[SOLVED] How to make a Skylark app accessible from outside? [message #40140] Thu, 20 June 2013 19:25 Go to next message
lectus is currently offline  lectus
I can run on localhost just fine. But when I try to load from to the external IP address it doesn't work.

I tried opening ports on my router, but it doesn't work.

So it must be something in Skylark.

Ideas?

[Updated on: Thu, 20 June 2013 22:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to make a Skylark app accessible from outside? [message #40141 is a reply to message #40140] Thu, 20 June 2013 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi lectus,

I have no problems with this and I'm using Skylark apps in several different setups...

On what platform are you trying it? And what is your configuration? Have you checked if the app listens on all addresses or just on localhost?

Best regards,
Honza
Re: How to make a Skylark app accessible from outside? [message #40142 is a reply to message #40141] Thu, 20 June 2013 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know if it's a problem with Skylark or with my router configuration. Embarassed

Hopefully you can help me.

1) I have an ADSL modem as bridge and a WIFI router doing the PPPoE. On the WIFI router I used port forwarding for my PC to open all ports.
Do I need to open it on the bridged ASDL modem too?

2) With Skylark I just create a default Skylark project (no database) and executed it on port 8001. Do I have to change something to make it listen for all machines instead of just localhost?

I'm using Windows 7.

Thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 20 June 2013 21:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to make a Skylark app accessible from outside? [message #40144 is a reply to message #40140] Thu, 20 June 2013 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi!
I solved the problem!

I had to set on Windows to use static IP instead of DHCP.

On the router I had DCHP, I also disabled it.

Lastly I double checked the ports were correctly forwarded in the router to the local IP of the PC.

It now works. It was not a problem with Skylark. Apache also runs now.

So, if anyone else is having this problem remember to open the ports in the router and use static IP on BOTH Windows and the router.
Re: [SOLVED] How to make a Skylark app accessible from outside? [message #40145 is a reply to message #40140] Fri, 21 June 2013 06:15 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

In default configuration it should listen on all interfaces, unless you specify "ip" in configuration file or in the app itself.

Concerning DHCP vs.static ip: I see no reason why that should make any difference Smile Open ports are of course necessary.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it to work.

Honza
Previous Topic: Program loses hover focus
Next Topic: Pick Semantics: Passing a Vector to a method
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:10:41 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01173 seconds