Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » The SoundExample can not recording sounds on WINDOWS
icon9.gif  The SoundExample can not recording sounds on WINDOWS [message #40400] Tue, 30 July 2013 10:18 Go to next message
akebee is currently offline  akebee
Embarassed

Open SoundExample, i found it can`t recording wave data,
See the out.wav, all zero!

I complied paex_record.c from portaudio examples, it work well. Shocked
Re: The SoundExample can not recording sounds on WINDOWS [message #40402 is a reply to message #40400] Tue, 30 July 2013 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

akebee wrote on Tue, 30 July 2013 10:18

Embarassed

Open SoundExample, i found it can`t recording wave data,
See the out.wav, all zero!

I complied paex_record.c from portaudio examples, it work well. Shocked

Hi akebee,

It is quite a long time since I wrote those experimental sound classes... So something might have change since then. Also, I didn't (and still don't) have windows at the time of writing it Smile So most of it is just guesses and testing in wine. I'm not really surprised there are some problems.

That said, have you tried playing with the settings? IIRC there is multiple windows APIs that can be used to play and record sounds via portaudio. I can try to have a look at it when I get home from work, but as I said, I don't really have the platform to test it...

Best regards,
Honza
Re: The SoundExample can not recording sounds on WINDOWS [message #40411 is a reply to message #40400] Wed, 31 July 2013 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi akabee,

Few ideas:

Have you tried to compile SoundExample with flags to allow additional APIs? By default only WMME and WASAPI are used on Windows, but you can set any number of .DS, .WASAPI, .WDMKS, .WMME and .ASIO build flags, to influence what is compiled. Some of them might not even compile, some might need specific drivers to work so you'll probably need to play with it a little...

Have you tried selecting different devices for the recording? Do all of them record empty file?

Have you tried playing the recorded sample in the application? There might just be a bug in the code that saves the data to file...

Honza
Re: The SoundExample can not recording sounds on WINDOWS [message #40413 is a reply to message #40411] Wed, 31 July 2013 09:04 Go to previous message
akebee is currently offline  akebee
Thank you dolik!
I will try when I get home from work today Very Happy
The sound classes you wrote are beautifull.
For me it`s ugly to write with the PortAudio library because its based on c , so I wish the sound classes can work! Rolling Eyes
Previous Topic: [BROKEN PATCH] FileList file extension painting
Next Topic: how to use umk without theide?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:42:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01671 seconds