Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class
Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #38670] Thu, 03 January 2013 20:04 Go to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi all,

I'm about to push in a package that adds some special button styles.Actually it is named : ButtonStyles ... but I think the name may need some refactoring since it's a bit to general I think.

I'm open to all suggestions.

NB: the image shows only a few of the drawable styles.
I am currently coding a a demo application that will show most of the possibilities.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2013 20:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #38688 is a reply to message #38670] Sun, 06 January 2013 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hi Didier,

Thank you for developping new button styles for our preferred development tool (U++ !!). I suggest CustomButtons for package name.

Regards Smile

Biobytes
Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #38696 is a reply to message #38688] Mon, 07 January 2013 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi Biobytes,

Thank you for you're interest, I think CustomButtons will do it.

I'll rename the package and separate my code so that other people can add some more custom styles to it
Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #38697 is a reply to message #38670] Mon, 07 January 2013 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lectus is currently offline  lectus
Interesting. Is this opensource?

I'm interested in learning how to create these styles.
Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #38700 is a reply to message #38697] Mon, 07 January 2013 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Quote:

Interesting. Is this opensource?

Yes of course.

I need to add some a license.txt.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2013 22:49]

Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #38734 is a reply to message #38670] Fri, 11 January 2013 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bushman is currently offline  bushman
Experienced Member
How do they look like when disabled?
BTW, can anyone give me a hint on how to set the look of a disabled button label?
Tried using SColorDisabled_Write(Color), but it didnīt help.

Tks!

[Updated on: Fri, 11 January 2013 03:41]

Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #39036 is a reply to message #38734] Sat, 09 February 2013 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Button::Style::textcolor[4]

There are 4 values, corresponding to

enum {
CTRL_NORMAL, CTRL_HOT, CTRL_PRESSED, CTRL_DISABLED,
CTRL_CHECKED, CTRL_HOTCHECKED
};

(regular button does not have checked/hotcheked states).

So the one you are looking for is Button::Style::textcolor[CTRL_DISABLED].

Note that this pattern is quite standard for all of chameleon.

Mirek
Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #39037 is a reply to message #38670] Sat, 09 February 2013 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Didier wrote on Thu, 03 January 2013 14:04

Hi all,

I'm about to push in a package that adds some special button styles.Actually it is named : ButtonStyles ... but I think the name may need some refactoring since it's a bit to general I think.

I'm open to all suggestions.

NB: the image shows only a few of the drawable styles.
I am currently coding a a demo application that will show most of the possibilities.

Nice, but I think it would look much better painted aliased.

Mirek
Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #39041 is a reply to message #39037] Sat, 09 February 2013 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi Mirek,

Quote:

Nice, but I think it would look much better painted aliased

Yes I completely agree, but I can't get it working although i have put quite a lot energy into it : there is something I am missing Crying or Very Sad
Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #39046 is a reply to message #39041] Sat, 09 February 2013 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
I just uploaded an demo app that shows most off the drawing possibilities.

Quote:

How do they look like when disabled?

Well it's up to you Wink
Using chameleon you can select which look is applied to state of a button ( NORMAL, HOT, PRESSED, DISABLED )

Here is what the demo app looks like
index.php?t=getfile&id=4053&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 09 February 2013 13:53]

Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #39865 is a reply to message #39046] Tue, 07 May 2013 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi all,

I just updated the ButtonStyles/ButtonStyles_Demo packages, the following enhancements have been brought:
  • painter anti-aliasing used to draw button
  • .usc file added to enable complete configuration of visual style through layout designer
  • Demo modified a bit

index.php?t=getfile&id=4176&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 07 May 2013 23:33]

Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #41135 is a reply to message #39865] Mon, 04 November 2013 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sgifan is currently offline  Sgifan
Hello,

just tried your package with u++ 6501 on win7 32bit with MSVC2010 compiler. It does not compile

on buttonStyles.h(163)
typedef TStyledButton<BUTTON> CLASSNAME;

With 'Invalid template argument for 'BUTTON', type expected

Any idea ?

Beside this the screen shots look so nice, any chance to find this package in bazaar ?
Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #41138 is a reply to message #41135] Mon, 04 November 2013 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Sigfan,

typedef TStyledButton<BUTTON> CLASSNAME;
is a very standard code syntax widely used in Upp code base.

You're error
Invalid template argument for 'BUTTON', type expected
seems to indicate that the template parameter you are trying to use is itself a template ... so you may be missing the 'typename' keyword.

NB: The way to use the code is the following:
TStyledButton<Button> myCtrl;

DO NOT FORGET to put a valid Ctrl as a template parameter !!!

It currently works with the following button Ctrls :
  • Button
  • ButtonOption

Have you tried the ButtonStyles_demo application ?

Maybe you could post an example package showing the problem

[Updated on: Mon, 04 November 2013 21:05]

Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #41141 is a reply to message #41138] Tue, 05 November 2013 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The error happens when I try to compile the ButtonStyle_Demo

I grabed files manually from the SVN, here are the two packages

maybe i forgot to download something...
Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #41144 is a reply to message #41141] Tue, 05 November 2013 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi sgifan,

I just compared you're code to the version on SVN and you're version of ButtonStyles_Demo is modified and does not compile ( due to modifications in the .lay file )

I recommend you update to the latest version I just committed ( just some cleaning that was waiting for deliver since some time now )

If it still does not compile, than it is probably a MSC related issue ( I have no current meens to compile for windows, I use linux ): can you post all the compiler error message please.

I will try to set-up MSC under wine (mine got broken some time ago and I coudn't get it fixed quickly Crying or Very Sad )

Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #41146 is a reply to message #41144] Wed, 06 November 2013 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Then it maybe a MSC compiler issue. Because I tried again with your updated sources and results are the same.

here is the log (sorry for long post)

----- CtrlLib ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (1 / 27)
----- Controls4U ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (2 / 27)
----- ButtonStyles ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (3 / 27)
----- CtrlCore ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (4 / 27)
----- Draw ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (5 / 27)
ButtonsStyles.cpp
----- plugin/bmp ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (6 / 27)
----- RichText ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (7 / 27)
----- Core ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (8 / 27)
----- plugin/z ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (9 / 27)
----- plugin/png ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (10 / 27)
----- Functions4U ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (11 / 27)
----- ClassFactory ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (12 / 27)
----- Painter ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (13 / 27)
----- plugin/bz2 ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (14 / 27)
----- plugin/jpg ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (15 / 27)
----- plugin/gif ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (16 / 27)
----- plugin/tif ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (17 / 27)
----- ide/Browser ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (18 / 27)
----- CppBase ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (19 / 27)
----- ide/Common ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (20 / 27)
----- PdfDraw ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (21 / 27)
----- RichEdit ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (22 / 27)
----- ide/Core ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (23 / 27)
----- Esc ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (24 / 27)
----- coff/binobj ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (25 / 27)
----- coff ( GUI SSE2 MT MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (26 / 27)
----- ButtonStyles_Demo ( GUI SSE2 MT MAIN MSC10 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (27 / 27)
ButtonStyles: 1 file(s) built in (0:02.50), 2501 msecs / file, duration = 3916 msecs, parallelization 72%
C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles/ButtonStyles.h(163) : error C2974: 'ButtonStyles::TStyledButton' : invalid template argument for 'BUTTON', type expected
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles/ButtonStyles.h(157) : see declaration of 'ButtonStyles::TStyledButton'
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(11) : see reference to class template instantiation 'ButtonStyles::TStyledButton<BUTTON>' being compiled
        with
        [
            BUTTON=Upp::Button
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(62) : see reference to class template instantiation 'WithButtonStyles_DemoLayout<T>' being compiled
C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo\main.cpp(51) : error C2974: 'FStyledButton' : invalid template argument for 'BUTTON', type expected
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo\main.cpp(49) : see declaration of 'FStyledButton'
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo\main.cpp(67) : see reference to class template instantiation 'FStyledButton<BUTTON,APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            BUTTON=Upp::Button,
            APP_STYLE_NUM=0
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(18) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=0
        ]
C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo\main.cpp(51) : error C2974: 'FStyledButton' : invalid template argument for 'BUTTON', type expected
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo\main.cpp(67) : see reference to class template instantiation 'FStyledButton<BUTTON,APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=183
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(19) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=183
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=2
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(20) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=2
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=3
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(21) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=3
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=1
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(22) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=1
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=66
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(23) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=66
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=67
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(24) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=67
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=65
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(25) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=65
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=130
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(26) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=130
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=129
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(27) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=129
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=29
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(28) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=29
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=46
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(29) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=46
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=61
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(30) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=61
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=62
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(31) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=62
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=93
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(32) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=93
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=174
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(33) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=174
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=63
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(34) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=63
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=127
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(35) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=127
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=191
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(36) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=191
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=21
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(37) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=21
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=38
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(38) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=38
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=53
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(39) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=53
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=54
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(40) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=54
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=85
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(41) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=85
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=55
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(43) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=55
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=119
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(44) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=119
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=131
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(46) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=131
        ]
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=166
        ]
        C:\MyApps\ButtonStyles_Demo/ButtonStyles_Demo.lay(55) : see reference to class template instantiation 'MyButton<APP_STYLE_NUM>' being compiled
        with
        [
            APP_STYLE_NUM=166
        ]
main.cpp
ButtonStyles_Demo: 1 file(s) built in (0:03.24), 3242 msecs / file, duration = 4649 msecs, parallelization 61%

There were errors. (0:06.64) 
Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #41154 is a reply to message #41146] Wed, 06 November 2013 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello again,

I confirm, your code works perfectly on linux (Ubuntu 13.10, u++ 6521, g++4.5)

Windows specific it seems
Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #41155 is a reply to message #41146] Wed, 06 November 2013 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi sigfan,

I have no idea what is going wrong.
I tried to reinstall MSC on wine and also reinstalled UPP on wine to have up to date code .... but doiing so, I crashed my MyApps dir with all my code in it Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad (UPP erased all the MyApps dir)

Fortunately I have a copy of it (but last copy was from about a month ago) and there is also svn copy for some packages, so ... I lost some work, but not to much in fact.

I will try to get a WIN PC for tomorrow to try and correct the issue, but no guaranty I can get one
Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #41179 is a reply to message #41155] Fri, 08 November 2013 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi sigfan,

I have a win computer available now, and I will try to correct the issue quickly
Re: Help for naming a package bringing some styles to Button class [message #41181 is a reply to message #41179] Fri, 08 November 2013 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Contributor
Hi sigfan,

I just uploaded a version that compiles on WIN32.

The issue is quite silly in fact : it seems that "BUTTON" is already defined by MSC ==> so renamming BUTTON to T_BUTTON corrected the issue
Previous Topic: ChMakeSkin
Next Topic: [solved] Flags loose colors in Windows dark theme
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:54:38 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01946 seconds