Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Adding a do not compile flag to a project?
Adding a do not compile flag to a project? [message #43417] Mon, 28 July 2014 06:09 Go to next message
rxantos is currently offline  rxantos
Is it possible to add a DO NOT COMPILE flag to a project?

I have some libraries that seldom change and I build separately. But sometimes I want to go to a definition of a function inside those libraries. TheIDE fails miserably to do this if the source code is not included in the project, but I do not want the libraries to be rebuild, I just want to jump at the code on a read only way.

Thus the need of a way to include the source code of the libraries inside a project, but NOT compile them

Re: Adding a do not compile flag to a project? [message #43418 is a reply to message #43417] Mon, 28 July 2014 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

rxantos wrote on Mon, 28 July 2014 06:09
Is it possible to add a DO NOT COMPILE flag to a project?

I have some libraries that seldom change and I build separately. But sometimes I want to go to a definition of a function inside those libraries. TheIDE fails miserably to do this if the source code is not included in the project, but I do not want the libraries to be rebuild, I just want to jump at the code on a read only way.

Thus the need of a way to include the source code of the libraries inside a project, but NOT compile them

Hi rxantos,

Of course, almost anything is possible with U++ Wink Just put the code you don't want to be build in a package that will be included in your main package with flag NEVER (or DONOTBUILD or any other string you're sure you'll never use) in the When clause.

Best regards,
Honza

[Updated on: Mon, 28 July 2014 06:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adding a do not compile flag to a project? [message #43437 is a reply to message #43418] Wed, 30 July 2014 04:43 Go to previous message
rxantos is currently offline  rxantos
thanks
Previous Topic: Callback and Thisback Function call parameters
Next Topic: problem with package locations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:09:35 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01142 seconds