FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Display of long text
Display of long text [message #43406] Fri, 25 July 2014 15:04 Go to next message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi,

A very newbie question... How do you display a long text in a dialog box ?

Yes, I know : there is a lot of ways to do that ! But often, the simplest is to have a widget like StaticText. However, if the text is long, it does not wrap it automatically. Is there some widget doing that ?
Re: Display of long text [message #43413 is a reply to message #43406] Sat, 26 July 2014 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deep is currently offline  deep
Experienced Member
Check if you can use "qtf"

Warm Regards

Deepak
Re: Display of long text [message #43415 is a reply to message #43406] Sat, 26 July 2014 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ManfredHerr is currently offline  ManfredHerr
What about DocEdit (read only)?
Description in Help: DocEdit is form of raw text editor that interprets lines as paragraphs (wraps them).
Re: Display of long text [message #43422 is a reply to message #43413] Mon, 28 July 2014 15:08 Go to previous message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi,

Thanks for your replies Smile

deep wrote on Sat, 26 July 2014 06:16
Check if you can use "qtf"

Mmmm... I tried with RichTextView, but a simple text is not displayed the same way as with others widgets. To have the same default font, you are obliged to display true rtf text with font specification. I'm afraid that it will be the same with QTF...

ManfredHerr wrote on Sat, 26 July 2014 16:13
What about DocEdit (read only)?

Yes, it's what I use. Seems to be the best existing widget for that, but it puts a line at the end of the text. It is not a big problem, but not very beautiful... I was hoping to find something better Razz

If there is nothing better, I think that it will be interesting to create some derived class from Static Text. What do you think ?
Previous Topic: How do I get parameters for GetTextSize
Next Topic: Callback and Thisback Function call parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:29:22 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01213 seconds