Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » Convert to English characters
Convert to English characters [message #43427] Tue, 29 July 2014 07:58 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I have a list of Spanish names utf8 encoded with a lot of accented characters. I need to convert them to the equivalent chsracters but without accent. I can create a map of accented characters and substutute them one by one.
I wonder if exist a smart way to do it at once.

Thanks,
Luigi
Re: Convert to English characters [message #43428 is a reply to message #43427] Tue, 29 July 2014 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Luigi,

There is a smart way, which does not use transliteration table. It can be done by converting the unicode to normalized form and then dropping all the combining characters. However I'm not sure how to do this simply in U++ Sad

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Convert to English characters [message #43436 is a reply to message #43428] Tue, 29 July 2014 23:53 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Forlano

There is a function in Functions4U called RemoveAccents(). It replaces accented characters with the most approximated ascii characters.

Best regards
IƱaki
Previous Topic: Update for Slovak translation file
Next Topic: Chinese translation of Upp application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:01:27 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01262 seconds