Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » Navigate Bar (Too much information)
Navigate Bar [message #43473] Fri, 08 August 2014 21:00 Go to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Hi,

I just updated to the latest version and now my navigate bar only has one pane and no options. It shows every class and every function and symbol all the time for the selected file. The old version with two panes was way better from my point of view. I like all the other improvements but is there any option to have the navigate bar work like it used to? I can't find anything on forums or in the interface.

Thanks for any help.

Nick
Re: Navigate Bar [message #43474 is a reply to message #43473] Fri, 08 August 2014 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
Hi Nick,

it has changed at the end of July, here is the link to Mirek's announcement:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=43 416&&srch=navigator#msg_43416

Ctrl+j is not working anymore, instead one can use the search field at the top, now.
It takes a bit to get used to it, but I think it is ok.

What I am missing is the feature of alternating between declaration and definition of selected element when repeatedly clicking on it.

Regards
Matthias

931b81e7ea53320dccc37375b34b38c3

[Updated on: Fri, 08 August 2014 21:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Navigate Bar [message #43475 is a reply to message #43474] Fri, 08 August 2014 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Guys,

IMO, the old CTRL+J navigator is a little bit more powerful than current built-in one. First of all, when you start new search the search filed is cleared (After you choose definition you want to jump). It is a little bit faster than "CTRL+G + CTRL+A + Backspace". Moreover old CTRL+J navigator had more information such as file name. And finally all definitions were seen. Now you cannot seen evrything, because you need to type something in search field.

At the end I would like to noticed that perfect solution for me will be old CTRL+J navigator with new built-in limited to current editing file.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Navigate Bar [message #43500 is a reply to message #43474] Tue, 12 August 2014 21:47 Go to previous message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Yes the ability to switch between declaration and definition would be good. Also, the current version is a little hard to read for me - even with 2560x1440 screen real estate is at a premium and having each member be two lines is not helping. The old version did everything I needed really. I can see how it would be good to be able to browse all versions of GetX() regardless of what class they are in but at the moment, the cost is greater than the benefit. I am happy to FindInFiles "GetX" and then step through them all. Losing the ability to jump between classes and to see all class members quickly and clearly is causing me problems. Have to say I love all the other recent improvements. Just not a fan of losing the class view so far.

Nick

EDIT: also, when diving into headers, it was handy for the navigate panel to tell you you're in the class you think you're in. Now I need to scroll up and down to check before I start typing. A big part of navigation is knowing where you are in addition to knowing how to get where you're going Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 13 August 2014 00:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Problem re-compiling an application that was working well
Next Topic: msC15 vs msC15x64
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:10:54 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05793 seconds