Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » How phrase "U++ leads to code reduction" could be proved or based or...?
How phrase "U++ leads to code reduction" could be proved or based or...? [message #4352] Thu, 03 August 2006 05:14 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
How phrase "U++ leads to code reduction" could be proved or based or supported or... from some "scientific" point of view"?
Re: How phrase "U++ leads to code reduction" could be proved or based or...? [message #4353 is a reply to message #4352] Thu, 03 August 2006 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbmatt is currently offline  rbmatt

By code reduction, do you mean code that the programmer writes, or actual code that is compiled?
It seems like U++ adds a lot of code to compile, but it's already written for you.
I think the best way to "prove" that U++ reduces the amount of code that the programmer writes is by hard comparisons.
Take a very simple hello world example and show what its like in U++ and MFC, for example:
http://www.roesler-ac.de/wolfram/hello.htm#C++-MFC
I think a "plain english" way to say it is "U++ takes care of the mundane tasks so you can focus on features"
Re: How phrase "U++ leads to code reduction" could be proved or based or...? [message #4354 is a reply to message #4353] Thu, 03 August 2006 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Quote:

Take a very simple hello world example and show what its like in U++ and MFC, for example:

"very simple" is a bad idea. Just google for "Ultimate++ wxwidgets"..

Mirek
Re: How phrase "U++ leads to code reduction" could be proved or based or...? [message #4355 is a reply to message #4353] Thu, 03 August 2006 05:48 Go to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Sorry, I have expressed myself not clear.
1. I meant "programmer writes"
2. I meant purely among C++ competitors "without comparisons".

Somehow I feel, that sentence with "leads to code reduction" is not very good for wikipedia....
Previous Topic: What about NTL could be added to wikipedia's STL?
Next Topic: Ultimate and vcf (old but quite interesting)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:17:21 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01166 seconds