Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » umk on linux
umk on linux [message #4363] Thu, 03 August 2006 12:46 Go to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
I would like to use umk on linux, to be able to compile from a text terminal. The installation package does not contain umk binary and I can't find the sources for it. How do I compile umk on linux?
Re: umk on linux [message #4364 is a reply to message #4363] Thu, 03 August 2006 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
umk for linux is theide. In win32, umk.exe just provides command-line interface (there is trouble with console/GUI app).

I am sorry that this likely will not solve your trouble... Sad

Mirek
Re: umk on linux [message #4366 is a reply to message #4364] Thu, 03 August 2006 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Do you mean that on linux I can invoke theide with the command line params documented for umk, and it will compile a project withouth bringing up a GUI?

I guess not, because that WOULD solve my trouble. But then why can't I just compile umk from sources on linux? Is it not portable?
Re: umk on linux [message #4368 is a reply to message #4366] Thu, 03 August 2006 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Yes, invoking theide with those params will compile without bringing up a GUI.

However if I remember well, the original problem was outdated libraries on target system (maybe that changed thing and I am wrong). And theide still requires GUI libraries to compile & run.

As to other question - umk IS theide. See umk.exe sources - it is just simple wrapper to get GUI theide.exe running in console mode. Known Win32 trouble..

Mirek
Re: umk on linux [message #4371 is a reply to message #4368] Thu, 03 August 2006 13:39 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Thu, 03 August 2006 07:28

Yes, invoking theide with those params will compile without bringing up a GUI.

However if I remember well, the original problem was outdated libraries on target system (maybe that changed thing and I am wrong). And theide still requires GUI libraries to compile & run.

Fine!

WOW you still remember that old problem Shocked with outdated GUI libs. But this is not that situation: I am compiling a Core console application on a host with up to date GUI libs. Theide can start on the host, but I would like to use it through text terminal from a remote machine. The console app is statically linked, and later moved to a host where the GUI libs are outdated. The console app BTW parses C++ source files and outputs code metrics in XML report, which is hoped to be automatically post-processed to diagrams showing changes in the code metrics.
Previous Topic: Debugger ignore breakpoint in headerfile
Next Topic: Creating a static library???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 06:12:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04128 seconds