Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » German Date Bug
German Date Bug [message #4373] Thu, 03 August 2006 16:42 Go to next message
h3l1 is currently offline  h3l1
Promising Member
Hi there,

I tested the DateTimeCtrl from the forum here and tried to add a german translation. There I got an assert and found the problem was in the Core.t file, the date-format and date-scan were not defined correctly.
Just removed in every german definition the leading words like date-format, date-scan etc.

So now it works.

P.S.: I am testing with 607-dev3
  • Attachment: Core.t
    (Size: 13.38KB, Downloaded 1542 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 03 August 2006 16:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: German Date Bug [message #4375 is a reply to message #4373] Thu, 03 August 2006 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Thank you!

Mirek
Re: German Date Bug [message #4379 is a reply to message #4373] Thu, 03 August 2006 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
h3l1 wrote on Thu, 03 August 2006 16:42

Hi there,

I tested the DateTimeCtrl from the forum here and tried to add a german translation. There I got an assert and found the problem was in the Core.t file, the date-format and date-scan were not defined correctly.
Just removed in every german definition the leading words like date-format, date-scan etc.

So now it works.

Embarassed Sorry for that! Embarassed

When I created the tr-file I was misled by the tr-file syntax. I believed the US English sections in front of "\v" and "\a" would have to be part of the translation.

I corrected this and a minor typo, too.

Please use the corrected tr-file below. (I hope it is correct to leave the 2nd "\a" in the last but one translation "A/\a .-".)

Werner
  • Attachment: dede2.tr
    (Size: 16.59KB, Downloaded 1138 times)
Re: German Date Bug [message #4380 is a reply to message #4379] Thu, 03 August 2006 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
What was the typo? (I made correction manually this time, so I would rather fixed it manually too).

Mirek
Re: German Date Bug [message #4382 is a reply to message #4380] Thu, 03 August 2006 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Thu, 03 August 2006 18:41

What was the typo? (I made correction manually this time, so I would rather fixed it manually too).

Mirek

It was in line 1026 of the old dede2.tr file. This line reads:

"date\vÁugust";

It must read:

"August"

(No accent over the "A" of "August")

Werner

[Updated on: Thu, 03 August 2006 22:20]

Re: German Date Bug [message #4385 is a reply to message #4382] Fri, 04 August 2006 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
OK.

Speaking about it, those "date\v" are wrong there too Wink

Just to undestant the issue, those "\a" and "\v" prefixes are in "english" form because english translation also presents a unique key for text. Sometimes it moght not be "unique enough" (e.g. if the text is too short), that is why is is extended by "prefix" which is NOT part of resulting string even for english translation. Anyway, this part should not be in non-english texts.

(\a vs \v the difference is that with '\v' key is formed by english text with prefix, while with '\a' the prefix is the key).

Mirek

[Updated on: Fri, 04 August 2006 00:32]

Re: German Date Bug [message #4393 is a reply to message #4385] Fri, 04 August 2006 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Fri, 04 August 2006 00:32

OK.

Speaking about it, those "date\v" are wrong there too Wink

Just to undestant the issue, those "\a" and "\v" prefixes are in "english" form because english translation also presents a unique key for text. Sometimes it moght not be "unique enough" (e.g. if the text is too short), that is why is is extended by "prefix" which is NOT part of resulting string even for english translation. Anyway, this part should not be in non-english texts.

(\a vs \v the difference is that with '\v' key is formed by english text with prefix, while with '\a' the prefix is the key).

Mirek

This issue is already fixed in my new dede2.tr file: no more "\v" and "\a" in the translated sections! Please compare my message #4379.

The only point which is not yet absolutely obvious to me is the correct translation of the format string in the last but one translation topic of the tr-file:

"date-filter\aA/\a .-",
	"";

Is it correct to assume that the 2nd "\a" is *NOT* part of the key but part of the format string so that the translated topic must read:

"date-filter\aA/\a .-",
	"A/\a .-";

? If so the new dede2.tr file should be ok.

Werner
Re: German Date Bug [message #4394 is a reply to message #4393] Fri, 04 August 2006 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Werner wrote on Fri, 04 August 2006 11:36

Is it correct to assume that the 2nd "\a" is *NOT* part of the key but part of the format string so that the translated topic must read:

"date-filter\aA/\a .-",
	"A/\a .-";

?

Yes.

Mirek
Re: German Date Bug [message #4408 is a reply to message #4373] Sat, 05 August 2006 16:05 Go to previous message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

h3l1 wrote on Thu, 03 August 2006 10:42

Hi there,

So now it works.

Speaking about datetimectrl. There will be soon available new version of datetime ctrl. It's almost ready (98%). If anyone have some sugesstions please write about them.
Previous Topic: Nice To Have in IDE [FEATURE REQUEST]
Next Topic: Configurable Layout designer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:33:33 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01256 seconds